TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

How to make a simple, decent render environment?
Read 540 times
* December 08, 2018, 12:10:59 PM
I have for some years been creating 3D CAD models for 3D printing. I am starting to look at selling the files, and when/if /I do so, I would like to try to work out a way to relatively simply tweaks my renders so they look a bit less... Crude, compared to, like, everyone else I see doing it. Rendering (let alone something as advanced as texturing) is a bit of an arcane art, as far as I'm concerned and it's not something I've devoted much time to previously. I got some materials set-up as a sort of plastic which was optimium for the actual process of creating the models, but my renders are a bit simplistic.

(Attached are a couple of fairly typical examples.)

My main issue is the environment; none of TurboCAD's (V21) default seem to help much. There does not seem to be anything which gives you a "floor" as far as I can see. Previously, I have just used an arbitarily large box using TurboCADs default grass material, which sort of works, but isn't great.

I have also don't have any real understanding of how to do lighting, tending to just fiddle with the defaults until I can get something that isn't utterly terrible.

Can anyone offer any advice, suggestions (or any sort of guides - I couldn't immediately see anything in the Tips section of the forums that stood out)?

* December 08, 2018, 07:01:05 PM

Pro Platinum 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019