I Ran the program on both of my computers, a laptop and desktop. The results were the same in both cases, which is encouraging as consistency is important.
Settings as follows from Program Setup/General:
New Document from: Factory Settings
Load at Startup: Run TC Start
1. Started the program and hid all the files which were loading.
2. Ran the program as Administrator and checked the box to remove the annoying upgrade popup.
3. No difference in operation of the program noted when running as administrator.
4. When starting the program with no recent files visible to the program, the program starts fine and comes up with the workspace and no startup window. I must go to the file menu at the top of the page to open a drawing.
5. I opened several drawings and found that the program behaved consistently as follows:
When the program is closed while one or more drawings are open, all the drawings open when the program is next started.
When all the drawings are closed, but not the program, the startup window will appear when the program is next started.
I did not know the program worked like this and I don't know if it was always like this. Perhaps I just did not notice. Anyway, I understand it now so I am happy again!
The program is difficult at times but is really perfect for me.