TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Orbiting In A Large Drawing
Read 240 times
* November 15, 2018, 05:13:51 PM
I know there is probably a REALLY SIMPLE answer to this question, but I have not been able to find it.  What I would like to be able to do is zoom into a small part deep within a large drawing.  I am designing a deck that is approximately 24' x 14'.  I am inserting the Simpson joist hangers along the ledger board.  When I zoom out and look at the entire drawing, the orbit feature (CTRL + RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON) works well.  However, when I zoom into a small 12" object like the joist hangers, way down in the drawing and try to orbit, the part I want to look at closely, or perhaps change it, goes flying off the screen because the entire drawing is orbiting about some location other than where I am looking.  I know there has to be a way to zoom into a small part deep within a drawing and still be able to orbit around that part.  Thanks in advance for any assistance provided!

* November 15, 2018, 05:22:51 PM
Go to View>Camera>Properties. Frankly, I've never been sure just what the various choices mean, but enabling "Camera centered" and "Auto targeting" lets me "orbit" successfully at any zoom level.

Henry H