TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

frame buffer object architecture
Read 134 times
* November 13, 2018, 06:10:21 PM
My new computer is working fine in Turbocad Professional Platinum 2017 with existing 3D files, but with 2D I get a preview that is correct, but the actual display just is a black blank page.  When I first open TC with new file, I get the message attached.

A new  2D drawing seems to work fine so far.

I have a Windows 10 Professional system with 16 Gb RAM, but my graphics hardware is standard Intel and I am expecting a REDsdk grapics card any time now.  Will this solve the problem?

November 13, 2018, 08:08:53 PM
The Dynamic Cut Plane will only work if you have the RedSDK plug-in and use one of the RedSDK render modes.  A graphics card will not aid you (2018 doesn't even use the GPU with RedSDK, even if you have the plug-in).

Additionally, it won't work on 2D objects.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* November 14, 2018, 02:26:46 AM
The Dynamic Cut Plane will only work if you have the RedSDK plug-in and use one of the RedSDK render modes.  A graphics card will not aid you (2018 doesn't even use the GPU with RedSDK, even if you have the plug-in).

RedSDK was the default engine in 2017 (Lightworks was a plug-in).

but with 2D I get a preview that is correct, but the actual display just is a black blank page.  When I first open TC with new file, I get the message attached.

By "preview", do you mean the thumbnail in windows, or one of the render modes.   As you stated "A new  2D drawing seems to work fine so far.", this suggests there is something in your file that is causing problems.  Can you attach the file for someone to check it.  (Saves just guessing as to what the problem may be).   

Whilst I have not seen the message you are getting, I would make a guess, that any 'proper' graphic cards (certainly within the last 6 years) will sort that out.  That said, For the time being, you probably won't even use Dynamic cut plane unless you are examining inside a 3d assembled model. So you could just tick the 'don't show again' box.