TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Can I move My New Materials, Environnements and luminances folders?
Read 237 times
October 29, 2018, 11:45:54 AM
Hi everybody

I have 3 computers with differents versions of TC and I want to centralize my new Materials, Environnements and Luminance at the same place and redirect my TCs to the new folders place like on an external HDD network. Is this possible? If yes, how can I do that operation please?

That what I want is, when I create some new mateials, Environnements, ect... is to be able to access them by any of my computers. Same way when i want to open a drawing on a computer with my new materials and want to open a copy of this drawing on another computer, I want have the same Rendering material

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Jean

TC  Pro Platinum 2018
Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 2500u @ 2.0ghz
16 gigs RAM, Radeon Vega 8

Believe you can do something or not, in both cases you are right     Henry Ford

November 05, 2018, 03:19:50 PM
I made the request to technical support. I'll come back with their answer

TC  Pro Platinum 2018

* November 05, 2018, 06:22:12 PM
I look forward to reading their answer.  Personally I would think there would be problems, because 'user' materials are stored in the hidden file at User - AppData - Roaming etc. and I think are specific to a single user.   One can store the Propin.dat file somewhere and 'load' the materials into TC from options - materials - load.. But I would not want to load and save them every time TC is opened / closed. + I have not tried it to see if it causes problems with different machines.

As for using a single file on different computers.  This should not be a big problem, as the materials are stored in the file. the only problem would be if using Lightworks with wrapped image, or if using RedSDK Pattern Texture (RedSDK Textures are images).  You could store all image files used as materials in a central location and then they would be correct whichever computer was used.     

* November 05, 2018, 08:31:40 PM
Hello,

I think:
Hardware no problem
On the software side I have to consider

Quote: ... three computers with different TC versions ...

Which versions of TC?
Has or is there no update on Redsdk / Lightworks?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very low knowledge of English - I ask for indulgence - Thanks
Currently installed
TurboCAD  Professional 32-bit V.17.2.77.1
TurboCAD 2016 ProPlatinum 64-bit V23.2-61.2 engl.
TurboCAD 2015 2D V.22.2.51.4
on Win 10.

* November 05, 2018, 09:38:55 PM
I doubt if it can be done. Each "DAT" file will most likely have a different Version number for the Material listed. TurboCAD 2018 uses LightWorks 9020300 &/or RedSDK 4024100, while TurboCAD 2015 uses LW 8030300 &/or Red 3020007. The version numbers should get updated when "Load Material" is used, otherwise you'll most likely get an invalid material warning with that errant material being removed.

I have a "Materials" folder in "My Documents" and keep a copy of some old saved *.DAT or *.MAT files in there. I'll load one of those into a TurboCAD program when necessary.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

November 10, 2018, 05:39:43 AM
HI everyone

Thanks for your responses, they're enlighten me. If it is possible, I think it would be very difficult to set up and I do not have the computer skills necessary to get there

Is the best alternative for me is to save my drawings as Epack and put them in a central place as I want with a save on the lower TC platinum version I have?

Response for you sauerkraut2018

TC Plat 2015 with Lightworks plugin
TC Plat 2017 with no plugin
TC Deluxe 2017
TC Plat 2018 with REDSDK plugin
TC Deluxe 2018

Thanks again everyone and have a great day!

Jean

TC  Pro Platinum 2018