TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Added veiwport in paperspace takes forever to load and keeps loading
Read 141 times
October 31, 2018, 03:41:48 AM
Hi,My first post.I'm getting to grips with 3D slowly and can produce models good enough to 3D print (two printed very successfully). I have downloaded and followed a couple of Don Cheke's videos and have found these very informative and logical.My problem (my latest problem) is with inserting a Viewport into a paperspace drawing. I have created the front side and plan elevations and want to add a 3d view.Following the prompts, Insert Viewport, Click First corner, click second corner, named view (picked from list) GoTo, close.The rendering times in draft mode are way too long and I have to abort. Setting the properties to wireframe (thinking this will be quickest) it does load but again very slowly. Layer 0 is on.If I switch layers, or move anything it wants to load again. It makes it impossible to produce draught drawings.Any suggestions ?Thanks Steve

TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2017 64bit
Lightworks
NVIDIA GeForce GTX770
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.6 Ghz
Windows 10 Pro (64)

* October 31, 2018, 04:22:09 AM
If the file is big or there are something inside it that make some kind of conflicts for TC it can be slow.
Is there other vieports/ P space that have some rendered viewports it can affect it too, as TC will update all the P Spaces, not only the one you work on.
If you have used drafting Palette to make anything it will slow TC down if you have many of them as it will make a copy of the drawing each time, after i have inserted and set the render i want to have etc i explode them so they not have Connection to the draft palette and delete them from the draft palette aswell.
Sometimes TC dont update, some people do "the switch" between M and P Space, to sort of make TC update itself

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

October 31, 2018, 04:32:50 AM
How long does it take to render the selected view in Model space?  If it is significantly different, then I'd make all Layers visible (all lights visible, too, even though they're on a different sub-head), Select All, Copy and Paste into a new drawing (in Wireframe on both ends, of course).

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

November 01, 2018, 02:37:26 AM
Hi
Thank you for your replies. I have taken on board your comments and I have solved my issue. It would appear by aborting the veiwport rendering you dont actually delete it. Although there is no evidence of it being there (no bounding box) it is still there. I then compounded the problem by re-doing the veiwport several times more over the top. The up shot was each time it added to the already long render time.I cut my losses, cut and pasted the model and lights into a new drawing and started again. The veiwport now works, albeit still 5 times longer to render than in model space, and I was able to complete my drawing. I set the render preperties to print only which helps.Thank you for pointing me in the correct directionCheers Steve

TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2017 64bit
Lightworks
NVIDIA GeForce GTX770
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.6 Ghz
Windows 10 Pro (64)

* November 01, 2018, 06:30:13 AM
Good it works
One thing to remember, TC dont like to abort a render, then it's sort of building up in memory and it will be slower and slower until TC maybe crash, so always let it render finish,
And render for print only is good to use, but if you should use Print/ Queue then it's importan to go to the P Space and take away Render for print only as else the print fail, at least to TurboPDF that i use it will be an issue.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* November 01, 2018, 07:29:57 AM
good to know Torfinn thank you

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks