TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

TC 2018 Version 25.0 Build 43.5 Rectangle Selection Problem
Read 145 times
* October 30, 2018, 12:32:52 PM
Ever since the installing the latest Pro Platinum update, I have noticed a problem with selecting and moving rectangles.  With the exception of rectangles, when I select an object, it becomes highlighted in magenta and I can move it in the typical way, i.e., select and release with the mouse and as I move the mouse the part moves with the cursor.  However, when doing the same with RECTANGLES, it does not work the same.  First of all, the part is highlighted as GREEN rather than MAGENTA.  Then, when I select it for a move, the part DOES NOT FOLLOW the cursor.  However, the part inn fact is moving because when I get to a new location and click the part is dropped off in the spot.  One interesting note is that if I HOLD DOWN the left mouse button and drag, that part does in fact move with the cursor.  So for now, I am having to use this method to make the moves.  A side note to this is that I saved a drawing with rectangles and other parts into Version 2016 and there are some interesting differences. When the part is selected, it is NOT HIGHLIGHTED as magenta, but it is not highlighted as green either.  I see green initially flicker and then the part turns black.  The good news is that I can then move the rectangle like I do other parts.

I am running TC in Mac/Parallels so perhaps there is an issue there, but not likely since everything else seems to work fine as far as selection goes.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

TC Pro Platinum 2018
Parallels Version 2014
Windows 10

John McGowan

* October 31, 2018, 02:49:56 AM
Its not just your machine.  At first I couldn't reproduce the problem, but found out that's because I was using the RedSDK plug-in, I switched to GDI mode and, yes, it is a bit weird.

Unless someone else can come up with an explanation, I'd call it a bug.   Its odd that it only affects rectangles, if one hatches the rectangle, the hatch will drag but the outer rectangle is not shown.  I'm guessing, but I suspect the bounding box is interfering with the display of the lines because it is normally the same size (if one rotates the rectangle and places on workplane the rectangle shows ok whilst dragging).

* October 31, 2018, 03:12:45 AM
Confirm in GDI

Torfinn

Edit:
If i change linestyles to something different than Continous it will show
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 03:22:50 AM by Torfinn »

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

October 31, 2018, 03:25:17 AM
Thanks for sharing the problem. We are looking into this.

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Manager QA\Support
IMSI Design
Email: [email protected]