TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Google Maps Plugin install failure
Read 111 times
* October 30, 2018, 05:18:20 AM
Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but couldn't see a Google plug-in section in the Plug-in Palace! I'm running TC2018 Pro Plat on a Win 10 Pro laptop. I recently purchased and downloaded the Google plug-in from the TurboCad site but haven't been able to install it. I've followed the install instructions to the letter but keep getting the message " The wizard was interrupted before TCMap Plugin for TurboCAD 2015 x64 could be completely installed". A couple of things confused me - why does the error message refer to TurboCad 2015 and why doesn't IMSI tech support respond (have raised a ticket with them but as yet nothing). Has anyone else had problems or is it just me?

* October 30, 2018, 05:57:28 AM
Just wondered, did you get it from IMSI or third party, also how long ago.

To work with 2018, it needs an updated plug-in.  I had an existing one from 2016, and I had to contact support (in August) for an updated plug-in so it would work with 2018, As of now the updated versions are not being posted on the forum, I've no idea why.  If bought from IMSI they should have updated the program by now, but third party may have old links.  If third party I'd contact them and it may be quicker than support.

* October 30, 2018, 06:45:01 AM
Hi Andy. It was purchased about 3 weeks ago through Avanquest UK - so that's a third party I guess. The link they sent me for the download is also via an Avanquest web address but when I've asked them for help they made a couple of suggestions (that didn't work) but state that they are only the billing side and I should take it up with IMSI Tech Support - which I have - or pop it on the Turbocad Forum! So I guess I need an updated plug-in.

* October 30, 2018, 07:27:23 AM
There is a Bug in TCMap at the moment, they have fixed the issue inside TC v 2018, but not updated the Plugin itself yet, so guess that's why they not put it out here.
At least in Metric system it will not scale correct in X and Y, it's some sort of zoom issue.
Anyway you will need a new "Entry key" to open it in v 2018 if it is default to v 2015.
( in my head they have sold you an old version of it, but i am not 100 % sure on that. )

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* October 30, 2018, 08:42:25 AM
Cheers Torfinn. Hopefully tech support will get back to me with a link to an updated version.