TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Turbocad - tablet DWG fastview files
Read 152 times
* October 28, 2018, 06:37:42 PM
Hi I'm using drawing from Turbo cad saved as DWG files and viewed in the field on my android tablet (Samsung) I can view, edit and save them on the tablet but cannot read the saved file on my turbo cad V10.2 (retired Scottish landscape designer who only plays at drawings now and won't buy an update) somewhere I read that V.7 and below can read DWG files. Can anybody help or make a suggestion. (Where could I pick up a V.7 or older?)
Gumtree

Thank you Henry.
Only just found time to play.
I can get the files read and edited on my Samsung Tablet but having saved the edited file from the tablet still cannot read it back in Turbocad.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:13:24 PM by gumtree »

* October 28, 2018, 06:50:52 PM
An earlier version of TCad won't help; virtually all TCad versions can open .DWG files if they aren't saved to a too-new version. What you'll have to do is save the files to an earlier version of .DWG. Try this: select "DWG-AutoCAD Native Format" in the File>Save As menu, click the "Setup" button, and select "AutoCAD R14 Drawing."

Henry H

* November 01, 2018, 10:19:56 PM
Thanks Henry
Only just found time to play.
I can save files in DWG format AutoCAD R14  and open and edit them on my Samsung Tablet as I could the straight DWG files but still not able to read them back on Turbocad. What am I doing wrong?

PS I am using DWG FastView on my tablet
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:10:21 AM by gumtree »

* November 03, 2018, 05:34:06 PM
Having read the User guide of DWG Fastview .....

2) Save As:
The current drawings can be saved as AutoCAD R14 - 2000 to 2013

On your Samsung >> You are saving the DWG in it's default setting >>> You need to save it as R!4 ... or DWG 2000

(TC V10 for windows is = the year 2005)

Cheers
Mike

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 05:36:32 PM by Mike90RR »