TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Profile definition error
Read 118 times
* October 27, 2018, 05:00:53 PM
Hello TC forum, This is my first post. I've been using TC in my cabinet/millwork business for about 20 years now. I've never done much with the 3D aspect until recently. I'm using 2018 Pro Platinum 64 on a machine with a Intel core i5-7200 processor @ 2.5 Ghz. 8 MG. memory, and windows 10. I'm trying to work through one of  Don Cheke's tutorials. I've opened the Style manager/profile and am trying to create a new style. When I enter the the new style name and hit enter, a new window opens then I get the message "Profile definition cant be empty". If anyone  has experienced this and can shed some light it would be greatly appreciated.   Jeff

* October 28, 2018, 03:47:08 AM
Welcome.

Not something I've tried, so just gave it a go in 2018.

I can get the same message. If, I press the green finish arrow at the top of the style manager before drawing anything which will be the 2D profile.  Or, if I draw something and click the finish arrow before clicking the 'Edit Boundary Profiles' tool and setting the boundary.

Do you get as far as drawing the 2D profile.  I followed the instructions on This help page for the test I did.

* October 28, 2018, 08:03:35 AM
Works like a charm here.
It's important to remember that this is a 2D tool, so have WP by World, top view and be in 2D mode when making the profiles
If you forget 2D mode you will get a warning when you try to click Finish as the openings will most likely not be accepted, then you need to Select Objects and use Place on Workplane before Select what is the boundary and what is holes.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB