TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Operation?
Read 342 times
* October 24, 2018, 08:41:48 PM
Hi. Trying to learn the simple tricks of the trade. Upon purchasing TC 2018 I noticed it was lagging quite bad. I’ve done a couple things and it’s gotten better but still lags quite bad. When I go to native draw.. the window is empty except the GDI or whatever and the only bow in the whole window is flicker free. Even when I check it it doesn’t ask me to restart or anything and does no help? Is there a default setting I’m missing? That may be slowing my program functions?

2018 Pro Platinum. X64 bit

October 25, 2018, 12:25:12 AM
Hi Wannabe,

by default, TC 2018 is as you describe, as there is no RedSDK/other options available under Native Draw, unless you purchase the plug-in.
    Which version of TC 2018 are you using?
    Could you post an example drawing, which is showing this lagging issue?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* October 25, 2018, 05:31:17 AM
I’m not sure that I fully understand? How would I shout the lag? As best as I can explain, it’s far from a fluid movement, when rotating drawing in 3D or adding blocks it just takes a moment and my system seems to be up to date and supported by what it needs to run. I’m running 64 bit pro platinum.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 08:10:48 AM by Wannabe »

* October 25, 2018, 03:12:14 PM
Is there anything else I could do? As I add more it gets slower and slower.. and my drawing is still rather basic

* October 25, 2018, 03:16:51 PM
Is there anything else I could do? As I add more it gets slower and slower.. and my drawing is still rather basic

Slowness is to be expected if you're operating with the drawing rendered in a "Quality" mode. If that is not the case, then perhaps there's something amiss with the drawing itself; and if you post the drawing here (the .tcw file), then maybe someone here can diagnose the problem.

Henry H