TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Cordinate Sustem Visibility
Read 590 times
* October 21, 2018, 03:56:13 AM
Hi, I am new to Turbocad and am finding it very frustrating. Some things will work for a while and then change. Others are too finnicky. I will first ask about coordinate systems. I am trying to work in 3d. To create entities in space, I have been using the "set coordinates by three points". The first couple of days, when I clicked the origin point, a coordinate system would temporarily show up to help guide me through the input of the X point and the point on plane. After a couple of days, this temporary coordinate system no longer shows itself, although the command still works otherwise. How do I get it back? Better yet, how do I get it to stay on all the time?

Thanks,
Eric

* October 21, 2018, 04:12:57 AM
Are you referring to the user coordinate system?
activate it by checking the box on options reference page.
Or workspace

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* October 21, 2018, 04:37:44 AM
Nikki,
Thanks for the reply. I am new and have not been able to find any tutorials on the coordinate systems. I do not know if "user coordinate system" is what I am using, but it sounds right. Under my options menus, there is no reference page option, if that is what you meant. Can you send more specific instructions?
Thanks,
Eric

* October 21, 2018, 08:53:56 AM
Hi, I am new to Turbocad and am finding it very frustrating. Some things will work for a while and then change. Others are too finnicky. I will first ask about coordinate systems. I am trying to work in 3d. To create entities in space, I have been using the "set coordinates by three points". The first couple of days, when I clicked the origin point, a coordinate system would temporarily show up to help guide me through the input of the X point and the point on plane. After a couple of days, this temporary coordinate system no longer shows itself, although the command still works otherwise. How do I get it back? Better yet, how do I get it to stay on all the time?

Thanks,
Eric

Eric, I suspect that you've seen the answer to this in another of your threads: leave the visibility of Layer 0 ON.

Henry H