TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Inches - Metric measurements
Read 566 times
* October 19, 2018, 09:04:25 PM
V10. IMPERIAL - METRIC MEASUREMENTS DEFAULTS.  ::)

Hi Guys. Some time ago I purchased  TurboCAD V10 to replace my old Quickcad (no longer compatible)
As a Farmer / Engineer I am definitely not an expert with CAD drawing but so far I have 346 drawings mainly farming buildings and machinery parts we have made or modified.
So now installing my TurboCAD V10 on my new computer, but I have a few queries.

My biggest challenge is Version 10 persistently defaults to Imperial measurements even though I change to Metric even though I have changed and saved on "Page setup wizard".  Apparently this was a common fault with V10.

Can someone help me with this question and is this the case with more modern versions of TurboCAD. ??? Maybe I need to upgrade to a newer version?

ps: Here in New Zealand every thing is Metric so this is a must for me.
Thanks...Andy

* October 19, 2018, 10:59:12 PM
Hi,

i think you are in the wrong forum.

Show here please:
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,19758.msg118229.html#msg118229

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very low knowledge of English - I ask for indulgence - Thanks
Currently installed
TurboCAD  Professional 32-bit V.17.2.77.1
TurboCAD 2016 ProPlatinum 64-bit V23.2-61.2 engl.
TurboCAD 2015 2D V.22.2.51.4
on Win 10.

* October 20, 2018, 02:12:11 AM
Sorry .. I dont understand.
My question is about TurboCAD Version 10 setup. Isnt this a TurboCAD program  forum?

October 20, 2018, 02:29:46 AM
TurboCAD comes in two very different programs for two different operating systems, Windows and Mac.  I really don't know why they called the Mac version TurboCAD (I think they would have been better off calling it MacCAD to avoid just this sort of confusion).

Version 10 for the Mac is current.  Version 10 for Windows was issued ~17 years ago.

I doubt that any of the specific operating commands (especially as TurboCAD for Windows expects 3 mouse buttons) could be the same, so I don't see how you could get any help here.

Good luck over at the Mac forum.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* October 20, 2018, 10:32:38 PM
Hi Guys.
Thanks for your comments.
However I still dont seem any further ahead. probably no point in me going to the Mac Forum as I am not running a Mac, Im running Windows 7.
I am interested in the dates of Version 10 Windows being issued 17 years ago, I checked the box and it was registered '2004' which I agree is still old and maybe too old. 
I purchased it about five years ago and it sat in my office until I needed it, but maybe I left it too long.

However I still havent answered my original question ... Why does it default to Imperial measurements? and Can the default measurements be set to Metric measurements?

If not, maybe I need to upgrade ... if I can?
Thanks andy

* October 21, 2018, 02:40:49 AM
Try running the page set-up wizard.

Open TC, and at the startup screen choose new from scratch.
Do not draw anything, go to file menu - page setup wizard.
In the dialog box, on the first screen choose metric.  Click Next.
Go through setting up the defaults, I'd suggest leaving most as default like Model space 1:1.
On the last screen tick the Save settings box, then click finish.
Close Tc, and reopen, click new from scratch, hopefully its now in metric.

As an extra note,  you may wish to consider using templates,  where you can set up everything how you would like it, i.e. Metric,  some layers, colours etc.  And save as a template (file type .tct),  then when you start TC you can open the template and everything will be just how you like it.  When saving as a template, Windows may prevent one from saving in the correct folder.  If that happens, save it anywhere and manually move it using windows file explorer, into program files x86 - Imsi - TCW10 - Templates.

Hope this helps. 

## Edited ##   Just wondered, is your v10 Pro or v10 Standard/Deluxe.  If Pro, I'd say go ahead and use it.  If Standard/Deluxe (same thing just different names). I'd suggest considering upgrading (there are separate upgrade prices depending on current version) to a more recent deluxe, as you would get the advantage of 64 bit version (assuming your windows 7 is 64 bit) + many improvements. at, what I think is a very reasonable cost.  ## End Edit ##     
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 03:04:29 AM by Andy H »

* October 22, 2018, 12:54:48 AM
Hello,
please excuse my above post. I did not think that anyone else still works with such an old version. I just could not imagine that.
It would be nice if you could briefly describe your used hardware.
Is that still a 16-bit version?
I would also be interested in what you draw with Turbocad?

Thank you and best regards from Germany

P.S. Please keep this valuable version for as long as you can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very low knowledge of English - I ask for indulgence - Thanks
Currently installed
TurboCAD  Professional 32-bit V.17.2.77.1
TurboCAD 2016 ProPlatinum 64-bit V23.2-61.2 engl.
TurboCAD 2015 2D V.22.2.51.4
on Win 10.

October 22, 2018, 04:35:52 AM
please excuse my above post. I did not think that anyone else still works with such an old version. I just could not imagine that.

I occasionally see posts from people who are still using V11 (apparently, a very stable version).

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1