TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Offset Tool TC2018 Expert
Read 187 times
* October 12, 2018, 10:22:41 PM
Hi folks, is it just my PC or has the offset tool stopped working correctly since the latest update? 
It appears that no matter what value I set in the distance field of the offset tool, the offset ALWAYs applies itself as a positive offset (outwards). 
Before the recent update, I was able to set the distance, and then the number of lines/items to be offset.  When I selected the item to be offset, I could govern which way the offset was applied by clicking on the screen either inside or outside (above or below) the selected line/item and the offset would apply in that direction.
Now no matter if I enter a positive or negative value, click to the inside or outside (left or right, top or bottom) of the item it ALWAYS is applied as a positive.
I have tried everything to reset the tool etc, even setting default in the workspace customisation.  It is possible the tool may have corrupted (fat fingers etc :))  Any help to identify the issue, and/or to let me know what the default values that need to be applied to the tool are, would be very much appreciated.  I am using TC 2018 Expert latest update on a PC running Wion10 64 bit.
cheers
Pat

TC2018 Expert
Beginner (with much to learn) mainly period ship plans and fittings