TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

making sheet sets for house plan drawings and need HELP?
Read 329 times
* September 27, 2018, 06:19:13 AM
Hello,
I have created a drawing of a complete house in model space with lots of detail. so now what I would like to do is create a set of drawings that show elevations, planviews of basement and first floor, electrical, roof details, section details, etc.
What is the best way to control what is seen in each drawings viewport? Is it with layers or layer filters? Is their a standard for architectural drawings for how to set layers, layer filters and sheet sets?
Thank you.

* September 27, 2018, 06:34:38 AM
There are Layers Set, that can be used directly in the viewport in Pspace, else you can control visible layers there to.
Layers Filter is just a way to group some layers, very handy in Mspace but will have no effect at all in Pspace.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* September 28, 2018, 05:29:08 AM
Thank You,
How do you go about organizing the drawing with respect to what layers objects in the drawing belong on? Example, if I have objects
on a layer that I want to be seen in one view port, but not on another. How do I organize objects and the layers they should be on?
Thank again

* September 28, 2018, 06:03:18 AM
Most companies have their own standards. There are also official standards depending on the country you are in. Personally I make mine up - trying to keep it as easy to read at a later stage as possible. I use obvious things like walls on a layer called walls and windows on a layer called windows - etc.
(I don't like the prescribed method of adding a "A" prefix to all the layer names. Because everything on the drawing is architectural and I find layers quickly in a long list by typing the first letter of the layer name)

The easiest way with architectural drawings is to use property value presets which automatically place most objects on the designated layer as you draw them.
For instance you start drawing a wall and Turbocad immediately switches to the wall layer. You do need to set these
https://turbocaddoc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/T2UG/pages/90571059/Property+Value+Presets

If you dont have them on the right layer already I would create the layer I need.  Use CTRL T - to select by entity type and place them on the layers designated layer.
When everything is on the right layer set up layer sets -assign that layer set to the viewport
https://turbocaddoc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/T2UG/pages/92143685/Layer+Sets
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 07:17:12 AM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* September 28, 2018, 07:55:47 AM
I dont use to much Preset's as i find it sort of cumbersome to change, many objects have it's property in the styles, and then it's layer i need to change as i split between each story, if i work on 1 floor i dont want/ need to see basement, 2 floor, roof  etc .
All projects are basically different somehow.

The big circle on Attached is just something old from when i had a setup for P Space, if i draw based on the center of that cicle in M Space everything show nearly correct, but since they get the great idea of set all New layers on in the vieweports in v 2015-2017 i stop doing that.
I use number to make the layer filter stand the way i want them

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* September 28, 2018, 11:26:31 PM
I think presets work for me because I use xrefs for different floors.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks