TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

microphone icon ... what is this?
Read 275 times
* September 24, 2018, 12:18:29 PM
Is there anyone who can help me understand what this icon is? and how do you disable it?
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:29:14 PM by fpocecco »

Turbocad Deluxe 17

* September 24, 2018, 02:56:36 PM
Hi.  Any chance you could post a little gif or png image of the icon,  (jpg can distort small images).  also is it on a palette, one of the toolbars or a warning dialog.

Offhand I cannot think of such an icon, but maybe others can. 

* September 24, 2018, 10:35:14 PM
Attached a png image. Grazie

Turbocad Deluxe 17

* September 24, 2018, 11:29:01 PM
Hmm, it looks like an outside program is running in the background. 

I just did an internet search and it seems like they may be added by Nvidia Gforce experience,  (which I don't have installed so cannot check), and is used by Nvidia shadowplay.  I believe this is designed to record gameplay and runs in the background.   If it is shadowplay, it may need disabling in the Nvidia experience control panel, though looking on the net, there are different ways of turning it off, depending on installation.

Do you have Nvidia GeForce experience installed ?. if so, I'd check that first.  The fact it is a microphone and what looks like a pause button, does suggest to me there is some screen recorder running in the background, maybe check using task manager.  (I could be wrong though).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:49:12 PM by Andy H »

* September 25, 2018, 02:31:00 PM
 Thank you! You are right. It was Nvidia experience. Grazie from Italy.

Turbocad Deluxe 17

October 02, 2018, 05:56:37 AM
Do you have Nvidia GeForce experience installed ?. if so, I'd check that first.  The fact it is a microphone and what looks like a pause button, does suggest to me there is some screen recorder running in the background, maybe check using task manager.  (I could be wrong though).

I have GeForce Experience installed, but I have never seen those icons on a TurboCAD window or anywhere else.

I just tried it and it wanted to install something (probably an updated driver, which can be problematical with CAD software, so I'm not going to explore it just yet).

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1