TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Layers
Read 400 times
* September 23, 2018, 01:46:30 PM
Hi All,

Not really a problem, but I am struggling to understand the significance of being able to highlight different layers to the active one.
I can have an active layer (Green Tick) this shows up in both the layers palette and the design director. I can have only one active layer at a time.
However I can highlight more than one layer either apart from, or including the active layer in the Layer Palette, and highlight a completely different set of layers in the design director.
What is the reason for this? and, if there is a reason how is it applied?

TC21 pro.

* September 23, 2018, 05:27:04 PM
The difference in highlighting layers in layers dialog and design director is, I believe, just an update / sync delay between the two.

Highlighting multiple cells allow for selecting object on those layers, for example, highlight 3 layers, then at the top of the design director, click 'select by'.  (also in the  right click menu).  This will select all objects on those 3 layers, which can be moved, property changed etc.

Also.  After highlighting multiple layers one can turn on / off visibility by clicking on one 'eye'.  This will affect all the highlighted layers, as will locking, 

* September 24, 2018, 11:23:32 AM
Andy,
Thank you.

That may explain the difficulty I have been having in snapping to objects not on the current layer. Seems obvious now you mention it.
I could not find it documented anywhere.

Marcel

* September 24, 2018, 04:40:24 PM
As an addendum to this,
I can only create viewports if the object is in layer 0 and not on it's own layer.
If I then move the object to another layer some of the Objects in the viewport disappear from paper space, then when I make another layer visible all the objects in that paperspace disappear except the dimensions which were placed on the drawing.  This is quite random, because the second time I tried this all the objects disappeared.
I am also getting most peculiar dimensions in paperspace, 76.04mm for a 50mm rad. and 15.21mm for a 10mm dia hole.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

TC21 Pro.

* September 24, 2018, 05:10:07 PM
You only have layer base visible in the Pspace Base, see Attached, whatever layer you want to see you need to check first in the viewports Property >> ViewPort >> Visible Layers

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* September 25, 2018, 05:29:52 AM
Torfinn,
Thank you. I spent hours searching last night & could not find anything. I went through the tutorials and there was no mention of using viewports and the selection tab.
I think the manual is a little short of detail with the interconections, and the courses just tend to deal with the simple mechanics of the drawing process.