TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Layers
Read 245 times
* September 23, 2018, 01:46:30 PM
Hi All,

Not really a problem, but I am struggling to understand the significance of being able to highlight different layers to the active one.
I can have an active layer (Green Tick) this shows up in both the layers palette and the design director. I can have only one active layer at a time.
However I can highlight more than one layer either apart from, or including the active layer in the Layer Palette, and highlight a completely different set of layers in the design director.
What is the reason for this? and, if there is a reason how is it applied?

TC21 pro.

* September 23, 2018, 05:27:04 PM
The difference in highlighting layers in layers dialog and design director is, I believe, just an update / sync delay between the two.

Highlighting multiple cells allow for selecting object on those layers, for example, highlight 3 layers, then at the top of the design director, click 'select by'.  (also in the  right click menu).  This will select all objects on those 3 layers, which can be moved, property changed etc.

Also.  After highlighting multiple layers one can turn on / off visibility by clicking on one 'eye'.  This will affect all the highlighted layers, as will locking, 

* September 24, 2018, 11:23:32 AM
Andy,
Thank you.

That may explain the difficulty I have been having in snapping to objects not on the current layer. Seems obvious now you mention it.
I could not find it documented anywhere.

Marcel

* September 24, 2018, 04:40:24 PM
As an addendum to this,
I can only create viewports if the object is in layer 0 and not on it's own layer.
If I then move the object to another layer some of the Objects in the viewport disappear from paper space, then when I make another layer visible all the objects in that paperspace disappear except the dimensions which were placed on the drawing.  This is quite random, because the second time I tried this all the objects disappeared.
I am also getting most peculiar dimensions in paperspace, 76.04mm for a 50mm rad. and 15.21mm for a 10mm dia hole.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

TC21 Pro.

* September 24, 2018, 05:10:07 PM
You only have layer base visible in the Pspace Base, see Attached, whatever layer you want to see you need to check first in the viewports Property >> ViewPort >> Visible Layers

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* September 25, 2018, 05:29:52 AM
Torfinn,
Thank you. I spent hours searching last night & could not find anything. I went through the tutorials and there was no mention of using viewports and the selection tab.
I think the manual is a little short of detail with the interconections, and the courses just tend to deal with the simple mechanics of the drawing process.