TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

can you make an annimation/video of a turbocad Drawing?
Read 363 times
* September 12, 2018, 08:52:57 PM
 as part of my design Package I would like to produce a walkthtough video of my Drawings is there any way of doing that>

turbocad pro 11
windows 10
intel dual core 3.3 ghz

* September 13, 2018, 12:28:39 AM
Walkthrough suggests to me architectural, and there is nothing 'out of the box' in TC.  There is a QuickTime movie creation in some versions of TC, (including v16), but that is for creating a 'look around', i.e. in a QT viewer, one can rotate around the drawing to see all sides. a bit like a 3dpdf does nowadays.  Note - I've not looked at that in many years so memory may not be exact.

At a cost.  One can use the AnimatiinLab plub-in.  With this you can set up nearly any animation you require. Though whether the current version will work with v16, I would have to do some tests.

The cheapest options would be, use a third party screen recorder (some are free), to record your screen / window as you move through the drawing, possibly using the walkthrough tools,  then edit the recording in a movie creation program, it may take some time to get right but you can edit it to create a good movie.    the main drawback would be that one may see the curser in the finished movie. 

A second option would be to take a lot of screenshots, then put them all together in a movie creation program, this would be more time consuming, but is quite easy to do. A rough estimate would be, at 25 frames / second = 25 x 30 seconds = 750 screenshots + another 100 that are not used.

Another option would be to export the drawing into another format, and use a third party application like Blender to render and animate.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:33:00 AM by Andy H »

September 13, 2018, 04:47:29 AM
Hi jamesblas,

a few months ago I tried the latest build of AnimationLab, with TurboCAD version 16 Pro, and it appeared to work fine.
Your choice will be governed by long-term usage, in my view.
I would recommend using AnimationLab, if you are going to commit to TurboCAD.  And why not?
However, whichever route you choose, there will be a steep learning curve in coming to terms with Animation.
If you are prepared for a lot of work, then the rewards can be well worth the effort.

The choice is yours!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.