TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

kill or stop process
Read 97 times
* September 12, 2018, 08:00:24 AM
Every so often I get a part that  gets locked up and it says not responding and it just loops and goes on sometimes a very long time sometimes more than an hour before a window comes up close the program.
I  wish there was a command in the menu to stop the process as I know it is going to not respond and keep looping or doing what ever it does. Some where a button in the top bar preferably red to hit or menu command to stop the file from going on and on. As per say killing the process and taking me back to the file or closing it.

* September 12, 2018, 09:17:39 AM
The problem with that is if TCAD is locked up, it probably won't respond to the command. When I get the infinite loop of not responding, I kill it in the Task Manager.

TC 21 Deluxe, TC 20 Platinum, TC 2015 Platinum, TC 2016 Platinum, TC 2017 Platinum
i7- 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, 16G Crucial Ballistic, ASRock Extreme 4, EVGA 1060 SSC, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

* September 13, 2018, 12:03:22 PM
 Jason;
Could you please explain how you do that, the steps you take . I would really like to know how to do that rather than sitting 1- 2 hrs waiting for it to crash!

September 13, 2018, 12:53:31 PM

Step 1 - Right click on the Taskbar and then select Task Manager.

Step 2 - Right click on TurboCAD and then select End task.

I hope this helps.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* September 13, 2018, 09:36:35 PM
You can generally kill it by clicking the top-RH close button.  Within a few seconds a Windows dialogue tells you that the program is not responding (surprise!) and asks whether you'd like to close it now or wait until it responds.  Decisions, decisions.