TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Bending /Unbending v21 64bit
Read 294 times
* September 12, 2018, 07:53:19 AM
I am working on a part and trying to get a flat template from a formed part. Here is what I did to create it. I made the part in formed rectangular flanges then reshaped the flanges to the shapes I needed. Now when I tried to un bend flange it says cannot unbend. I guess my question (problem) is can I unbend the part after it is shaped to what I need or do I have to shape it after I use unbend. Also how can I get a flat pattern for my template from what I have easily?? I am enclosing the file for you to look at to tell me all of the above. Did I do something wrong or is this the way unbend works per say its limits ??

* September 12, 2018, 08:17:23 AM
If i use un-bend on the rigt side it will let me unbend i v 21 pp, there are something "funny" where the bend was, but maybe you have done that.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* September 12, 2018, 08:47:08 AM
In my v21 installation, Unbend Sheet works fine for me if I choose the right proper face; otherwise the program stalls.

Henry H
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:19:13 PM by Henry Hubich »

* September 13, 2018, 11:31:30 AM
SORRY!! I tried using different bends as  yours worked and mine did not and it did unfold. I think I am misunderstanding how it works so I tried different bends the 2 curved outside forms and it unfolded. DUH! I thought I had to pick the box created first  the first form second form and third in that order so I am completely not understanding how to unfold parts . I see now it is knowing which form to pick and so I am assuming I actually pick the last forms correct ??

* September 13, 2018, 11:45:30 AM
SORRY!! I tried using different bends as  yours worked and mine did not and it did unfold. I think I am misunderstanding how it works so I tried different bends the 2 curved outside forms and it unfolded. DUH! I thought I had to pick the box created first  the first form second form and third in that order so I am completely not understanding how to unfold parts . I see now it is knowing which form to pick and so I am assuming I actually pick the last forms correct ??

To use Unbend Sheet, simply activate the tool, enter the desired Neutral Depth in the Inspector Bar (usually 40% to 50% of the material thickness), and click on any flat face of the bent object. If you're lucky, it will flatten nicely. If it doesn't, try clicking on a different face.

Henry H

* September 13, 2018, 09:03:25 PM
If you pick a face on the offset side of a shelled part, unbend won't recognise the bends, you have to pick on the side that had the edge originally filleted.  TC won't recognise lofted fillets as suitable for unbending either. 

* September 17, 2018, 07:47:19 AM
Thank you that did working picking another face but the menu says pick the base face that is what is confusing. Picking base face did not work picking the last formed face did??

* September 17, 2018, 09:55:43 PM
In my experience any pickable face of a unbend candidate can be the "base" face.  I don't think that it means anything more than declaring the workplane that the sheet unbends to. 

* October 01, 2018, 07:03:40 AM
Thanks for all the help!