TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Single line has many copies
Read 693 times
* September 09, 2018, 02:15:21 AM
Hi (I am trying this message again as the earlier two on Saturday are not showing)

The attached drawing shows many lines for a single line.
When a line is selected by left mouse button click it shows 5 or more lines and polylines.

Is there a simple way of deleting the unwanted copies, using Purge has not removed them.
There are far to many lines and copies to delete them manually.

* September 09, 2018, 03:21:24 AM
Although no drawing attached. The easiest way I know is to, drag a selection window around all the lines, when selected, hold down the shift key and select just one of them,  this will 'de-select' the one chosen, then press delete key.  This should (if done correctly) leave just one line on screen.

Obviously one has to be careful about which lines are selected to avoid deleting the ones you wish to keep.

Yesterday the forum seemed to have problems, at least for me in the UK. So I'm not surprised if the odd post went astray. Hopefully its now back to normal, albeit a bit slow.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 03:25:34 AM by Andy H »

* September 09, 2018, 06:57:39 AM
That is how I do it.
A better method is on my wish list too.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* September 09, 2018, 07:52:31 AM
I think you should try to read Andy's answer one more time, especial the part that comes after you have selected them by a window

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* September 10, 2018, 11:06:13 AM
I see this as a lot of work.

Another way is the reverse of Andy's method.
Pick one line/arc from the list.
Hold the "Shift" key.
Now drag a selection window (left to right) over the "line".
The selected line will be deselected and the others selected.
Delete.
You should be left with just the one line/arc.

In curved areas, you may want to try one of the other selection modes after selecting the initial line/arc, then create a more refined selection window. Double-click to finish. Return to "Rectangular Mode".

If you had TurboCAD 2018, it has a "Hide objects" tool. Select a line/arc and hide it. Delete what's left behind in that area, then "End Isolation" to bring back the Hidden line/arc.
In 2016, you could use the "Category" feature within the Design Director. Select a line/arc and create a Category. Select other lines and/or arcs to add to the Category (click on the green plus sign). Once you have enough objects selected, click on the "eye" icon to hide those objects and delete the visible objects. Unhide your Category objects.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:21:49 AM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

* September 10, 2018, 11:19:56 AM
Hnmm,  sorry to say but, that is a mess,  even if there was a command for remove duplicates it would not make much difference, as in some places you have 3 arcs on top of a lot of lines, (the lines were probably arcs which had got exploded twice). and in other places there are multiple lines on top of polylines.  There is no way I know of making the restoration job simple.  You can turn off preferences - selection - use choices,  then create a new layer, select one of every line or arc and put on the new layer, then once completed, get rid everything except this new layer. or use the method I posted above on every line and arc, ## Edit ## or use Johns method which was posted while I was typing. ## End Edit ##.           either way its going to be a pain.

I do not think this was caused by using make copy, nor forgetting to turn it off,   Going off your other drawing where you subsequently used select all - place on workplane,   did you do that with this drawing.  I ask, because in your other drawing you have duplicates on different z locations, which, if you did not check for duplicates first,  when using select all - place on workplane, would cause duplicate lines in the same place,  the exploded arcs may have been accidental, or as a result of multiple DWG save (just a guess).

If it was me,  I'd copy what was required from your previous drawing (before things were put on workplane),  Or if not possible.  I'd just bite the bullet and trace over the drawing using polylines / arcs, using a different pen colour on a new layer. then once re-drawn delete everything except the new layer stuff.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:31:54 AM by Andy H »

* September 11, 2018, 06:41:29 AM
Try autojoin polyline.  It can help sort some of this out.