TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Multi page Paper Space - 10 11 column & row limit blank page pages
Read 180 times
* September 08, 2018, 12:54:05 AM
Our business is a big fan of multi page Paper Spaces. Most of our projects have one model space and one paper space containing all the drawings needed for the project.

We work mainly at A3 and our end product is usually an A3 pdf set of drawings. (Edit) containing 15 to 80 drawings.

We typically viewports that span across multiple drawings, usually to show contextual information on our plans.

We are typically stacking A3s sideways in the Paper Space . I found a few years ago that TurboCAD had some problems once more than 10 pages were stacked horizontally in one Paper Space. The print settings didn't seem to hold for 11 columns and kept resetting to 10. That was surprising but most projects allowed us to simply create multiple rows before reaching 11 columns and that was kind of OK as looking at an array, rather than a really long row of drawings in paper space gave a better overall view of the project. Conveniently the program defaults printing form the bottom row, left to right so this setup lets us print off all drawings swiftly. (I know about Print Queue. It is less efficient and does not address our spanning viewport method).

That was many TC versions and a few PCs ago. I have found the same barrier today when stacking drawings vertically. The attached tcw file is set up to print to pdf but I am now hitting a barrier at 10 rows. The Print window seems to reset to 10 rows after 11 is put in. I can force 11 but the 11th page comes out blank.

Am I doing something daft or is it possible that the programmers decided that nobody would want more than 10 pages (edit) in any direction in Paper Space?

Frustratingly adding another column does not work as smoothly as it does for the column limit because the inbuilt page print order for Turbo CAD seems to be right, then up. Related topic http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,23204.0.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:06:48 PM by tcgreg »

* September 08, 2018, 11:57:33 AM
You need to 'up' once you get to 10. I have 100 pages in this drawing consisting of 10 rows and columns.

If you want something like 12 pages, use 3 rows & 4 columns.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:14:17 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* September 08, 2018, 03:21:53 PM
Hi John.  Appreciate your speedy reply on a weekend.  I can do that easily too but it does not address my problem in this case, due to the page print order.

* September 08, 2018, 04:24:08 PM
So it seems that the 10 page limit is built into the coding but I’m not sure why. Was it just assumed by the coders or is there a real limit?

The 3 x 4 = 12 pages example does not work if you have overlapping viewports that need to be larger than 3 or 4 pages. It is also a bit inefficient as we find we keep rearranging pages in the paper space as the number of drawings change.