TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Desktop view wrongly rotated
Read 781 times
* September 03, 2018, 02:27:51 AM
Hi
My desktop view suddenly rotated about 10* anticlockwise, how do straighten it up please.
I was carrying out a selection of a number of units using keyboard key 'shift' and left hand button on mouse.

Obviously or presumably I hit a wrong key or similar.

I attach the drawing which I wish to return to correct view.

I hope you can help.

* September 03, 2018, 02:38:26 AM
Right click menu - select world plan.  Or press ctrl + w.

pressing the shift key, and the right mouse button (possibly by accident), rotates the view.

## Edited ##   just been looking at your drawing, and it is getting a bit stretched in the 'z' coordinates, although its all 2D (ish), you have the main drawing somewhere around z = 0.  There are objects with z = -49318mm (some grouped with object at z = 0), obviously not causing a problem,  but just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't noticed. ## End Edit ##
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:57:46 AM by Andy H »

* September 03, 2018, 09:00:42 AM
Andy H
Thank you, ctrl+w (of course) worked.

I didn't know about the z stretch problem; is this something that can be repaired.

Regards
Richard

Yes, but I recommend that you first save the file under a new name, just for insurance. To fix it, be sure that all Layers are visible. Then press Ctrl+A to select everything, enter a zero in the Size Z field of the Inspector Bar, and press Enter. (It may take a couple of seconds for the command to take effect.) While everything is still selected, enter a zero in the Pos Z field and press Enter.

Henry H

* September 03, 2018, 04:49:13 PM
Thank you Henry H

I did not realise how many layers and information was contained in the file until I switched on all layers.

I carried out your instructions but I could not see any difference to the file but should I see a difference ??

I attach the file again which I renamed prior to the Size Z-0-enter followed by the Pos Z-0-enter actions.

I welcome the file being looked at again, is it now correct ??

I can't see that the Size Z and Pos Z actions were actually carried out. Did you remember to save the file afterward?

You won't observe any difference in the Plan view, but other views will be dramatically different.

Here's the file after sizing, positioning, renaming once again, and saving...

Henry H

* September 04, 2018, 08:44:08 AM
Henry H

Once again I thank you.
I cannot remember saving the document after the work you recommended.

Thank you for doing the work for me.

Best Regards
Richard

You're welcome, Richard.

Henry H