TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Tailstock
Read 530 times
August 31, 2018, 03:17:58 PM
A tailstock I created with no particular model in mind. It has a number of interesting parts so I chose to create a new pay-for TC 2018 video tutorial series if anyone is interested.

See introductory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXc8g9dPH8

* August 31, 2018, 06:50:34 PM
Most excellent! I was quite pleased when I saw the textual creations newsletter roll into my inbox, its been awhile. Looks like another great tutorial. In a few weeks when I have some free time, I may have to pick this one up. Every time I think I am becoming proficient in Tcad, I do one of your tutorials and realize I haven't even scratched the surface of the application.

How much photoshop time would you say you do on your models? I recently did your lights works render tutorial and at the end you say that even though you dont need to, you run the model through photoshop. So I decided to do the same. I spent at least 4 times as long doing photoshop as I did doing your tutorial.   

Pro Platinum 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

August 31, 2018, 07:55:24 PM
Most excellent! I was quite pleased when I saw the textual creations newsletter roll into my inbox, its been awhile. Looks like another great tutorial. In a few weeks when I have some free time, I may have to pick this one up. Every time I think I am becoming proficient in Tcad, I do one of your tutorials and realize I haven't even scratched the surface of the application.

How much photoshop time would you say you do on your models? I recently did your lights works render tutorial and at the end you say that even though you dont need to, you run the model through photoshop. So I decided to do the same. I spent at least 4 times as long doing photoshop as I did doing your tutorial.   

Thanks Kevin,

It was fun to make and I hope folks enjoy it.

With regards to Photoshop, not too much time. Most of the time I do an unsharp mask and I may utilize a levels adjustment. Occasionally I will trace the shadow, remove the background, and use a blurred replacement shadow. Did you ever see this TC tip about my process? It is a bit dated but still very much what I do. It would make a good little freebie video tutorial since it wouldn't be too long. Maybe I'll put that on my list.

http://www.textualcreations.ca/TurboCAD%20Tips/TurboCAD%20Tip%2028.pdf

* September 01, 2018, 04:29:52 AM
Very nice work on the tailstock Don.  Wouldn't fit my wood lathe though, I've got round bed bars.