TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Tailstock
Read 666 times
August 31, 2018, 03:17:58 PM
A tailstock I created with no particular model in mind. It has a number of interesting parts so I chose to create a new pay-for TC 2018 video tutorial series if anyone is interested.

See introductory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXc8g9dPH8

* August 31, 2018, 06:50:34 PM
Most excellent! I was quite pleased when I saw the textual creations newsletter roll into my inbox, its been awhile. Looks like another great tutorial. In a few weeks when I have some free time, I may have to pick this one up. Every time I think I am becoming proficient in Tcad, I do one of your tutorials and realize I haven't even scratched the surface of the application.

How much photoshop time would you say you do on your models? I recently did your lights works render tutorial and at the end you say that even though you dont need to, you run the model through photoshop. So I decided to do the same. I spent at least 4 times as long doing photoshop as I did doing your tutorial.   

Pro Platinum 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

August 31, 2018, 07:55:24 PM
Most excellent! I was quite pleased when I saw the textual creations newsletter roll into my inbox, its been awhile. Looks like another great tutorial. In a few weeks when I have some free time, I may have to pick this one up. Every time I think I am becoming proficient in Tcad, I do one of your tutorials and realize I haven't even scratched the surface of the application.

How much photoshop time would you say you do on your models? I recently did your lights works render tutorial and at the end you say that even though you dont need to, you run the model through photoshop. So I decided to do the same. I spent at least 4 times as long doing photoshop as I did doing your tutorial.   

Thanks Kevin,

It was fun to make and I hope folks enjoy it.

With regards to Photoshop, not too much time. Most of the time I do an unsharp mask and I may utilize a levels adjustment. Occasionally I will trace the shadow, remove the background, and use a blurred replacement shadow. Did you ever see this TC tip about my process? It is a bit dated but still very much what I do. It would make a good little freebie video tutorial since it wouldn't be too long. Maybe I'll put that on my list.

http://www.textualcreations.ca/TurboCAD%20Tips/TurboCAD%20Tip%2028.pdf

* September 01, 2018, 04:29:52 AM
Very nice work on the tailstock Don.  Wouldn't fit my wood lathe though, I've got round bed bars.