TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Template File Problem
Read 397 times
* September 03, 2018, 06:40:53 AM
Morning, I have reinstalled TurboCAD 21 Platinum as the snap stopped working.
I saved the layout file (template?) before doing so.
It comes up with the following error message when I try and use that template (its in the template folder):

C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP21\Template\CCP Template.tct is currently in use.
Would you like to open the file read-only?

Options are: Yes or No.

Neither option opens the template as it was before I re-installed.

I have made the file not read-only in windows but it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:47:35 AM by Chris1234 »

* September 03, 2018, 07:18:12 AM
That warning will indicate that you have the tct open already, if you answer yes it will open a copy that is write protected, so make sure it's not, check if there is and then switch to the one that already are open, maybe you have more then one TC open at the same time ?

Else, the snap is not in the Template, it's in the cfg file/ UI, so maybe you just need to reload your cfg if you have made one, else it will open the default after a re install.
If you have made one, go to Tools/ Customize >> Options and about in the middle of the menu there is a Load From button, just below it there is a small Arrow, click on that and the list expand, select Yours if you have one and then click on the Load From button

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* September 03, 2018, 08:39:40 AM
Thanks for the reply.

It was the Workspace Style I needed, not the template.

I copied the files from a backup from a year or so ago, thanks.