TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Custom line patterns
Read 580 times
* August 28, 2018, 05:31:50 PM
Is there a way (I'm sure there is, but...) to make custom line patterns for the various pens? Or alternatively, a place to download them? Specifically, I'm trying to show a chain-link fence around a property, the pattern would normally be a string of Xs. Various other fences also have letter strings, barbed wire is a tight spiral.

TurboCad2017 Deluxe
Windows 10

* August 28, 2018, 08:36:42 PM
See the topic Need help with line styles. There's a "Line Styles.zip" file that contains a TCW drawing with a whole bunch of custom line styles. One of them has an X pattern. All the SHX files go in the "Shapes" folder. I believe the picture shows what is in the TCW file.

Select the line in the Line Styles drawing and copy/paste it to the new drawing.

Deluxe does not have the ability to create custom Line Styles. It;s only available in the Professional editions.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* August 28, 2018, 11:40:45 PM
Thank you, John, but where exactly is the "Shapes" folder? Not under Program Files (x86), that I can find. Windows Search only finds folders from my photo editing apps.

* August 29, 2018, 12:03:34 AM
Okay, I found it - under IMSI, not not TurboCAD of any flavor. (TCDeluxe is set up quite differently from the old TCPro programs, it seems...

* August 29, 2018, 11:54:07 AM
"Shapes" is a couple of folders below "Drawings".

Here's a better file; "Line Styles.SLW". It's a Symbol Library file with 83 line styles. Drop the SLW into the "…Symbols\My Symbols" folder, then go to the Library palette. Select "My Symbols". If a "Line Styles" folder isn't available, right-click in the Library window and choose "Reload Library". Drag-n-drop a symbol to add that Line Style to a drawing. It should then be available at the bottom of the Line Pattern list.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* August 29, 2018, 06:23:34 PM
Thank you - the SLW file worked. Seems an absurdly complex process, but it achieved the goal - the "Double Railroad' at 0.1 scale is close enough for the client to understand.
The other files such as S, 8, P, etc. all look the same to me. My library offers no previews of any of these, I will actually have to draw something, I suppose to see the difference...?
Thanks again.