TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

setting up graphics cards?
Read 296 times
* August 28, 2018, 02:51:39 PM
Can anybody give me any insight on setting up the graphics cards to run with Deluxe 2017 or 2018?  I think most of my troubles may be stemming from there, since GS wiped my pc a while back.  This is when all of this started.  I sort of doubt they put my graphics back like they where, before the wipe. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

August 29, 2018, 02:29:34 PM
I don't know what you mean by 'GS' or how it performed a system "wipe".

The worst they could do is format your hard drive, re-load the operating system and restore a backup of your files.  Once done, Windows will automatically start updating itself to the current version.  Your video card's driver may need to be updated or installed if it is an add-on (if you're using a laptop, this will not be the case).

You could try opening Windows Device Manager (from Vista forward, just tap the Windows Start button and enter "Device Manager") and right-click on your video card's listing in the popup window.

Of course, if you do not see a specific driver for your video card, then you'll have to find one and install it.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* August 30, 2018, 03:59:03 PM
GS is Geek Squad a service offered by Best Buy.  they did wipe my hard drive I had to reinstall everything. They saidit had a bad partition.  Turbocad worked like a charm before, but after GS set it up for me.  They cann ot seem to figure it out this time?  They havd it now, hopefully they get it cinfigured correctly.  I will try and post what they do, for otheres benefit.  If the fix it that is.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.