TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Ok, called Tech Support
Read 695 times
* August 28, 2018, 02:11:08 PM
Ok, still having troubles.  TC 2017 is unusable, TC 2018 is unusable?  Cant work on any of my drawings.  LOL.  Called tech support to see what they can do.  They are supposed to call me back.  Here is a description of what is going on now....  2018,, wireframe render seems ok, go to hidden line, seems ok.  Go to Draft render, view is very pixelated, when I go to iso view.  Jagged edges.  Then I go to Quality render, it locks up, will not go back to any of the other renders?    2017, is giving me fits to.  open a drawing that I saved back to 2017, gives me an error message"Invalid Plastics/White was found.  It will be ignored."  Ok?  Wireframe seems ok, go to hidden line, does not hide the lines.  Stays the same?, go to draft render, seems ok.  No quality render available? Zoom does not work on anything except wireframe?  I'll take any advice I can get,  I am willing to go to 2018 if I can get it to play right with me.  I am running Deluxe on both. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* August 28, 2018, 02:14:09 PM
Oh, and I would be more than happy to let any of you remote in to check it out.  PM me if interested.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 28, 2018, 04:57:49 PM
Well, they said they would call back?  But, nope!  LOL

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 28, 2018, 05:08:05 PM
Have you try'd to delete the Built in folder in your 2017 version after you un install v 2018, and is your pc a laptop with a build in screencard.
Have you try'd to do a Repair of your v 2017
Another thing, after un install v 2018, did you delete the leftovers ? ( except drawings you maybe want to keep, if you have, move them to a different place first )

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* August 28, 2018, 05:30:57 PM
2017, is giving me fits to.  open a drawing that I saved back to 2017, gives me an error message"Invalid Plastics/White was found.  It will be ignored."
No quality render available?

2018 uses lightworks,  if you only used RedSDK in 2017, this will account for the invalid materials.

The following only applies to 2017 using RedSDK.   WITHOUT the Lightworks plug-in.

Are you working in RedSDK mode or GDI in 2017.  Quality is not available in GDI mode without the Lightworks plug-in.

If you did use RedSDK in 2017, and are in RedSDK mode  -  the no  'Quality render'  bit, - have you right click the render teacup, and in the dialog, check that quality was set correctly.  When TC encounters an invalid material, it may clears the two boxes where the render style is set,  clicking quality render in the dialog, and setting the two drop-down boxes to RedSDK should sort this out.  Also you may find draft set to openGL instead of RedSDK.

Again assuming RedSDK in 2017.  the hidden line setup is done via Options menu - drawing setup - RedSDK,  this is completely different to how GDI / Lightworks does it.

Can you post a drawing which you saved back to 2017,  I'm off to bed, but someone may check it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 01:51:21 AM by Andy H »

* August 30, 2018, 04:02:42 PM
They have my pc at Geek Squad at the moment trying to fix configuation issues with my graphic processing and TC.  I will try your suggestion, once I get it back.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017.