TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Audit detects them, but how can you get rid of defective entities?
Read 426 times
* January 09, 2019, 09:40:55 AM
Hi all,

The audit command can indicate which selected items have problems and generate a report about them.

How can you select all of these items and delete them?

They are often extremely tiny or extremely large, but I can't get select by query using "extents size" to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

JoeM

* January 09, 2019, 11:07:31 AM
2D or 3D ?   (3d objects may show as a problem, but can still be used without problem)

At the top of selection palette one can click filter and by audit, to show just the problem objects.  These can usually be clicked on the show the position of the object, though can't be deleted via selection palette.

As for Select by query, the extents typed into the query needs to be precise, unless one is using a condition.  Are you reading the extents from the selection palette.  Say the objects has extents of 334.998795.  one would use Select by Query, criteria - common properties - extents size.  In the dialog,  click the first line, then click it a second time to put in the I curser ready for typing. either type in 334.998795,  or use something like  (Value / relative / And-Or)  334.5 > And  [on second line] 335 <

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:34:58 PM by Andy H »

* January 09, 2019, 01:02:39 PM
2D or 3D ?   (3d objects may show as a problem, but can still be used without problem)

At the top of selection palette one can click filter and by audit, to show just the problem objects.  These can usually be clicked on the show the position of the object, though can't be deleted via selection palette.

As for Select by query, the extents typed into the query needs to be precise, unless one is using a condition.  Are you reading the extents from the selection palette.  Say the objects has extents of 334.998795.  one would use Select by Query, criteria - common properties - extents size.  In the dialog,  click the first line, then click it a second time to put in the I curser ready for typing. either type in 334.998795,  or use something like  (Value / relative / And-Or)  334.5 > And  [on second line] 335 <

Andy,

I am currently working with 2D objects, although I am interested in being able to locate problem 3D objects as well.

Thanks for the tip about filtering by audit, I didn't know how to do that.

For select by query, I was using " 'extents size'<'.0001 in'".

By testing it with larger values, I confirmed that this works exactly as expected for non-problem entities.

But even though the indicated problem 2D parts showed that their extents were less than 10x-7, the query does not select them, so I can't delete them.

Thanks again,

JoeM

* January 09, 2019, 02:41:42 PM
Tried a few times, but cannot fail to select by query,  I created zero length lines, and a square 1E-10 x 1E-10 (I was in mm), and using the same query as you had done, the objects selected every time.

In my previous post I did forget that right clicking a selection (in the selection palette) before or after filtering by audit, allows deletion. one just has to remember to switch back to 'show all' in the filter.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:43:48 PM by Andy H »