TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Church progress.
Read 1089 times
* August 19, 2018, 03:25:14 PM
Been playing with this on and off for a while, still not finished because a leg injury, meant I couldn't go up the bell tower for the last month or so,  to finish getting measurements (It's our local church).

Anyway thought I'd post the progress,  the two inside views may seem odd, I thought I would play with RedSDK Volumetric effect, but not mastered it yet.    Some detail is lost because I reduced the files to 800 pixels wide for posting..

* August 19, 2018, 06:14:52 PM
That's a fantastic project, Andy.

Henry H

August 19, 2018, 11:32:26 PM
Andy,

most impressive. And, thank you for the update.
    How did you create the stained-glass windows?

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:25:50 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

August 20, 2018, 02:07:49 AM
Impressive work.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* August 20, 2018, 02:14:16 AM
I am in awe

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* August 20, 2018, 05:53:04 AM
Thanks Everyone for having a look.

That was time consuming. the frame is lofted as 'cookie cutters' and subtracted from a box the get the cut outs. There are nine different window frame designs,  A picture was taken of the actual window, and a second picture of the frame rendered in TC.

Opened the actual window in Corel paint, adjusted some of the perspective that the camera had introduced, masked out and created objects of the different sections (average 9 per window). Then opened the picture of the TC rendered frame, masked out and deleted the glass parts. Over-lay the frame onto the window image, and adjusted the objects into the hole in the frame, then hid the frame.  Saved as jpg.

A long process, but with my little camera and the size of the window, there was just too much perspective to allow the original window image to be wrapped in TC.  With the above done, in TC, I created an ACIS 'sheet' object and wrapped the result onto RedSDK.   

August 20, 2018, 06:28:19 AM
Terrific work Andy. A lot of time went into that, I am sure.

August 20, 2018, 09:11:57 AM
Thanks Everyone for having a look.

That was time consuming. the frame is lofted as 'cookie cutters' and subtracted from a box the get the cut outs. There are nine different window frame designs,  A picture was taken of the actual window, and a second picture of the frame rendered in TC.

Opened the actual window in Corel paint, adjusted some of the perspective that the camera had introduced, masked out and created objects of the different sections (average 9 per window). Then opened the picture of the TC rendered frame, masked out and deleted the glass parts. Over-lay the frame onto the window image, and adjusted the objects into the hole in the frame, then hid the frame.  Saved as jpg.

A long process, but with my little camera and the size of the window, there was just too much perspective to allow the original window image to be wrapped in TC.  With the above done, in TC, I created an ACIS 'sheet' object and wrapped the result onto RedSDK.

Thanks Andy,

for the explanation.
    The results, simply speak for themselves.  8)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* August 20, 2018, 09:35:09 PM
Been playing with this on and off for a while, still not finished because a leg injury, meant I couldn't go up the bell tower for the last month or so,  to finish getting measurements (It's our local church).

Anyway thought I'd post the progress,  the two inside views may seem odd, I thought I would play with RedSDK Volumetric effect, but not mastered it yet.    Some detail is lost because I reduced the files to 800 pixels wide for posting..

Magnificent work sums it up Andy.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* August 24, 2018, 11:37:40 AM
Detail is exceptional, what a great project. Roughly, how many hours spent on the project to-date?

Sorry Bob, forgot to answer you.   Actually I've no idea about the time,  in theory TC is supposed to keep track of time, but it doesn't work on my computer,  (it currently says total editing time -31 minutes). also because the 289MB file take a while to open up, once open I just leave it in memory and minimise TC when not using it. so if timing was working it would not be accurate,  we are definitely taking well over 300 hours. What can I say, I'm a bit slow  ;D

* August 24, 2018, 12:02:17 PM
Dont believe it's something about work slow, or at least i hope so as i also have a drawing that state -31 :), Guess it's over the limit of time TC count the hour.
If it's not an hour based job, i dont see the reason for closing the drawing when leaving it for 1 day or more, only lose time when need to open it again :)

BTW, rally great job and model

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB