TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Change in behavior
Read 479 times
* August 17, 2018, 08:11:06 AM
Hi Folks,

Since I'm just feeling my way around in 3D, I expected differences, but I see behavior that I think is the result of self-inflected misconfiguration. There are two differences, and they might be related, and are most likely the result of some, "Hey, I wonder what that does?" click that I have not set right.

• I can no longer move things by clicking and holding on the yellow spot. I have to click and release to "pick up", and then click to "set down"
  • I can no longer make a copy using <ctrl-c> <ctrl-v>. I am restricted to the "make a copy" context menu option.

Can anybody help me find my way back to familiar territory?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.

* August 17, 2018, 08:27:41 AM
Have you try'd to just reload your cfg/ UI in Customize/ Options >> Load From.

And if you use ctrl C > V inside the drawing, then you can just Select the Object by ref.point (yellow point ) start drag it and then press the ctrl button and it will work like a normal copy, click where you want to place the copy.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* August 17, 2018, 09:43:31 AM
Hi Torrfin,

Based on your advice, I have re-loaded, but I still experience the same variation in behavior. Interestingly, if I go to a 2D drawing in a different window, I see my old expected behavior. (I also don't see any 3D options there. What did I do to use the 3D tools in my new drawing, and why are they (Render, Camera, Examine, Perspective, ...) not available in my simple 2D drawing?) A New from Scratch drawing seems to permit 3D drawing, and also has my old expected behavior, so clearly I have caused this, I just don't know how to uncause it.

Thanks for the help,

Chris.