TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

can paper space info be xreffed to another dwg?
Read 382 times
* August 11, 2018, 12:43:24 PM
I am running TC Deluxe 2016 and have external referenced some existing drawings to a new drawing.  The data from the existing drawing's model space is available at the new drawing to be set as a new view and then moved to the new drawing's paper space viewport. 

But is there a way to also move the data that was on the existing drawing's paper space also over to the new drawing's paper space?

* August 11, 2018, 03:39:35 PM
Welcome.   

Not as far as I know,  from the help file - "Only files that have objects in Model Space can be added as Xref's."  I would think it could become confusing if multiple x-refs are added,  each with various paperspaces, layers, styles etc. Especially if like me, one uses the same viewport names, layer names etc in multiple drawings.

As a side note - one can 'add' files with objects, paper-spaces, viewports etc. into a drawing, by using the Extract From, BUT one would lose any advantage of x-refs, in that the drawing would not update if the original is altered. 

* August 13, 2018, 02:13:13 PM
Have you tried copy & paste

Robert Burgess. Using Platinum 21 - Windows 7
Australia