TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Grip Accuracy
Read 169 times
* August 06, 2018, 07:56:21 AM
I use TC 2017 Professional. When clicking on a grip, any grip it seems, if I don't hit the exact center of the grip, it will grab a point short or long of the grip.
I checked Preferences and can't find anything there. I've looked at Constraints, although I've never used them and can't quite see if there is a setting there that could affect this issue. I also checked Snap Options and on the settings there is a column associated with Priority with options from 1 through 254 for different types of snaps. Does the number in that column affect the accuracy of how a grip is secured? Any ideas?

August 07, 2018, 04:27:07 AM
By 'grip', do you mean the handles that are used to move, rotate or otherwise translate a selected object?

If so, I have read some people complaining that these 'grip' points got smaller in 2018 than in 2017 (and that the 2017 version was preferable), so I don't know what to recommend.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* August 09, 2018, 05:42:42 AM
Yes, I was referring to the handles. And I think one can increase the size of them, not sure, but can try that.  I just was wondering if there was a setting regarding their accuracy. Sometimes I can click very near one and a small line or feature there, indicates I can pick on that particular spot, short of the center of the grip, which I don't want. It seems that shouldn't happen, since that is the purpose of the grip.
is their some setting or does it have to do with 'constraints', which I have never used?

* August 09, 2018, 09:26:46 AM
Set your mind at ease regarding Constraints; your problem has nothing to do with that.

Try this: Go to Options>Preferences and increase the Aperture size.

When the cursor is close enough to one of the "grips" (i.e., within the Aperture) it will turn into a 4-headed arrow -- either two curved arrows if you're near one of the green rotation handles or two straight arrows if you're near the yellow Reference Point. Left-click when that happens and you'll pick up the grip.

Henry H

* August 09, 2018, 02:51:02 PM
You can pick up the selection by clicking anywhere along the axis bars while the four-headed rose (I dunno.  it's like a compass rose) is showing,  without having to hit precisely within aperture radius of the reference point.  That constrains movement to that axis only.  In my 2016, the selector bars reduce in size along with the drawing when I zoom out, but don't enlarge when I zoom in again, I have to clear and re-select if they've zoomed to too small to hit on. 

* August 10, 2018, 05:42:38 AM
I increased the size of the aperature and that seemed to help. Thanks everyone! Have a great day!!