TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

shapes disappear on 3d add
Read 227 times
* August 03, 2018, 10:26:06 AM
Hello again. Wow, what a week! I am trying to add some shapes to a case and instead of adding they just disappear. Of note they don't have any information about them in the selection info box. There are some standoffs that are just extruded circles. They are on the standoff layer. There are four that were extruded together in the red rectangle that are 0.150" diameter that I want to add to the case back. The shapes inside the standoffs are to be subtracted after the add to the case. When I add these to the 3d case back they just disappear. TC 2017 Win7

Thanks in advance!
Ed

* August 03, 2018, 10:57:18 AM
Ok, it just went from odd to bazar! I subtracted the standoff from the case and it added it! not sure what is going on, but it appears that the add and subtract tools are working backwards.

* August 03, 2018, 12:04:01 PM
Ed, in the file you sent, the part has not been shelled first, so its adding a solid part (standoff)  which is inside the main solid part.  so it is incorporated into the part not added to it.

* August 03, 2018, 12:20:57 PM
Thanks Andy! This would explain everything. Have a great weekend!