TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Geo-Location and Lat/Long Coordinates
Read 360 times
* July 24, 2018, 06:38:03 AM
Hi, I have a 2D site plan that I have created showing property lines, roads, buildings, monitoring wells, etc. overlaid onto drone imagery imported into TurboCAD Deluxe 2016.   I have applied a Geo-Location for a known benchmark with GPS coordinates.

With the Geo-Location applied, is it possible to display Lat/Long coordinates for the cursor instead of, or in addition to the World space coordinates?  What I am hoping to do is import some historical drawings showing features that are no longer present (old monitoring wells, evaporation ponds, borrow pits, etc.), add these features to the current site plan and get Lat/Long coordinates from the drawing that could then be uploaded to a GPS unit to find the features in the field.  I hope that makes sense.

I am also looking into GIS software, but was hoping for an easy TurboCAD workaround.  Is this a feature available in Pro Platinum or Expert?  Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:42:03 AM by sam988 »