TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

small v2018 experiment
Read 149 times
* July 12, 2018, 03:44:37 PM
A short while ago I was asked about spring tension, gravity etc. in AnimationLab, and also about AL in TC2018.

Well, tension and gravity would require a custom script, and it needs someone with a lot more engineering knowledge than myself, but I thought I'd have a play with mechanical movement and v2018, whilst waiting for access to a clock tower.  The attached was going to be part of a much larger drawing, but as I've just been given access to the tower, I now haven't got time to carry on with the movement drawing. 

Just posting as an example of custom script and movement. It could have been done using keyframes but that wouldn't have been as much fun. It was drawn and animated in TC v2018, by moving the palette from v2017 (we haven't been given an updated installer for AL).  The tcw was saved back to v21 in case anyone wants to have a look. or just play around with it.  (Note, I haven't allowed anything for tolerance etc.)

* July 12, 2018, 04:35:50 PM
A short while ago I was asked about spring tension, gravity etc. in AnimationLab, and also about AL in TC2018.

Well, tension and gravity would require a custom script, and it needs someone with a lot more engineering knowledge than myself, but I thought I'd have a play with mechanical movement and v2018, whilst waiting for access to a clock tower.  The attached was going to be part of a much larger drawing, but as I've just been given access to the tower, I now haven't got time to carry on with the movement drawing. 

Just posting as an example of custom script and movement. It could have been done using keyframes but that wouldn't have been as much fun. It was drawn and animated in TC v2018, by moving the palette from v2017 (we haven't been given an updated installer for AL).  The tcw was saved back to v21 in case anyone wants to have a look. or just play around with it.  (Note, I haven't allowed anything for tolerance etc.)

I believe you may be able uninstall Animation Lab and then reinstall with your current codes and TurboCAD 2018 will be on the list of available programs. If it doesn't work, contact Zunair or Shaheryar for a proper Activation Code.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* July 13, 2018, 03:17:34 AM
Thanks John.   

When I tried, it didn't install into 2018, but after your post, I got to wondering if I may have tried installing the wrong build, (I've quite a few collected over the years). So I just downloaded the latest one for 2017, and it worked.   

July 13, 2018, 08:49:06 AM
Hi Andy,
thanks for the very nice example with the custom script! Really helpful!

https://youtu.be/v7SQa9ovkD0

WorkPC->HP Z620 2x E5-2680v2 2,8GHz, 64GB RAM,Quadro K4000, 400GB SSD+2TB HDD, Win10 Pro 64bit
HomePC->i7-3770 CPU 3,40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 760, 120+60GB SSD, Win7 HP 64bit

TC Pro Plat x64
www.invent-dizajn.sk, www.facebook.com/marian.jurcak