TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Turbocad 2018 Deluxe - Walls Not "Associated"??
Read 185 times
* July 09, 2018, 10:35:29 AM
Working my way through the Tutorial - this time on the wall drawing video.  According to the video, if I create an outside wall perimeter, moving from corner to corner, and then close, the wall segments should be "Associated."  Meaning that I could move one segment and the two adjoining segments would adjust accordingly.  This doesn't happen.

Is the "Association" feature not included in 2018 Deluxe?  Or, am I doing something wrong?

* July 09, 2018, 11:20:52 AM
Maybe you move the wall to far, i have noticed also in pro platinum that it can happen then and i need to move the other 2 aswell.
Maybe they change workplane, if you Select by RF and just drag, they can change, if you use one of the "Arrow" they dont change or type the distance down in the Inspector Bar after selecting the wall

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* July 09, 2018, 12:10:16 PM
Were you watching The Wall Tool video? Try the Edit Tool and select both square nodes to move the complete segment. See Editing Walls in the Help.

Did you have "Link Wall Segments" turned off when drawing the walls. Normally, this is on "by default". I don't see a way to correct this (link the walls) after the walls have been drawn.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* July 09, 2018, 07:45:12 PM
Problem solved (with help).  Selecting both nodes lets me drag on one of them and the entire wall segment moves, attached to its adjoining walls, moves to the desired location.

BTW, in my version, "Link Wall Segments" is the default setting.

Again, thanks for assistance.  I'm actually finding the Tutorial to be a great learning tool - just need some help filling in the gaps.