TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

spline won't extrude
Read 150 times
July 03, 2018, 10:30:02 AM
I am trying to extrude this letter "R". It's made up of 3 splines, 2 polylines and 1 line. I have gone into edit mode and looked for errant control points and can find none. It will not extrude, even though TC lets me select the shape. What am I missing?

Brian Yates
TCPro plat v18.2
TCPro plat 2016
Windows 10
GeForce GTX 950

July 03, 2018, 11:35:25 AM
Hi Brian,

I'd be inclined to simplify, by redrawing with fewer nodes.
It might help to not mix different objects.
Use join polyline?
As is, it will, eventually, extrude for me . . with patience.

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:50:28 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* July 03, 2018, 01:18:50 PM
A node didn't quite make the required snap,  see attached.

To see what happens - I assume you are using compound profile, Select extrude, select the R, right click and select 'finish selection of profile',  this will extrude as a sheet object, because TC cannot create a closed shape, and thus not a solid,   editing the node in the attached will allow solid extrusion.

I hate to disagree with Tim, but never use Join polyline on a spline or you get loads of polyline nodes. 

## Edit ##  Forgot to add, I totally agree with Tim, you don't kneed that many nodes to depict the curves, less nodes will give much smoother curves   ## End Edit ##
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:20:24 PM by Andy H »

July 03, 2018, 02:02:16 PM
A node didn't quite make the required snap,  see attached.

To see what happens - I assume you are using compound profile, Select extrude, select the R, right click and select 'finish selection of profile',  this will extrude as a sheet object, because TC cannot create a closed shape, and thus not a solid,   editing the node in the attached will allow solid extrusion.

I hate to disagree with Tim, but never use Join polyline on a spline or you get loads of polyline nodes.

yes indeed!  ;D

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

July 03, 2018, 07:47:19 PM
Thanks for finding the problem. Now the question is, how did the snap miss the end of the line? This is real basic functionality that should work 100% of the time.

Brian Yates
TCPro plat v18.2
TCPro plat 2016
Windows 10
GeForce GTX 950