TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

My Standard tool tray and its appearance in the menu listing has vanished.
Read 130 times
* July 03, 2018, 09:54:32 AM
My TurboCAD v6.5 seems to be getting Alzheimer's!  In a post last month I lamented over T-CAD forgetting the original keyboard shortcut that assigns the "select" tool to the space bar.  Shutting down that instance of T-CAD and re-starting didn't bring it back.  Another instance I had left running still had it working.  I kept that instance up for as long as I could for reference, but eventually had to shut it down.

More recently, my standard tool tray across the top of the screen disappeared.  When I went into Options>Toolbars & Menu in an attempt to turn it back on again, I noticed that "Standard," "New Tools," and two other options from that menu had vanished from the list.  As before, these things remain intact in an earlier instance of T-CAD I have left running, ie., "Standard" still appears in its Options>Toolbars and Menu listing and the screen still displays the Standard tool tray across the top.

None of the other apps running on the vista machine that hosts my T-CAD are exhibiting any anomalies, which reduces the probability that the hosting computer is at fault.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to re-introduce T-CAD to what it should be importing upon startup without resorting to an un-install and re-install?  I much prefer getting at the root cause of a problem; aside from the work involved, we don't learn anything from treating symptoms.  and, if this sort of thing is going to keep happening, it would be nice to know how to recover or possibly even avoid having it happen in the first place.

Thanx in advance for your helpful suggestions.                                  g_k

July 05, 2018, 03:20:18 AM
Your version of TurboCAD precedes my earliest (real) introduction to the software, so I don't know if this will be applicable, but you could try deleting the Built-In folder as described in this link: http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,9797.0.html.

If that doesn't work, then you could try uninstalling and re-installing TurboCAD on your system.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1