TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

TC Deluxe graphics problems
Read 382 times
* June 22, 2018, 10:18:57 AM
Hi all,

I’m brand new to TurboCad and am teaching myself CAD for a personal project I’m working on. I just purchased TurboCad 2018 Deluxe (64 bit) and find the graphics performance to be really poor when working in 3D.

I have a Lenovo Y70 laptop computer (about 3 years old) with:
  • Windows 10
  • 16GB of RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics card.

It’s not the meatiest machine on the block but it should have more than enough muscle to rotate 3D objects.

When I use TC I have noticed a number of problems:
  • Simply moving an object in draft rendering mode causes the display to flash.
  • In quality rendering mode it takes a couple seconds for the screen to draw; I can literally see the individual lines rendering.
  • The screen does not refresh properly when switching tools. See image. Note how the rotation selection lines are still partially visible.

My version does not have the RedSDK option, but still it seems like something is wrong. My machine also has an on-board Intel graphics card and I’m wondering if TC is using that and not the NVIDIA.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Sully

* June 22, 2018, 04:13:34 PM
Sully,
You should have good 3D navigation in a shaded view if all the "foreground wireframe" settings are unchecked. (see attached)
Use a LightWorks Draft smooth opengl render.
When you start a render there's usually a warning that pops up telling you that 'foreground wireframe" is checked.
If you want "Lines' to be visible it's best to avoid 3d navigating in a shaded view.

Also,  "flicker free draw" should be checked in options > Native draw
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:15:47 PM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* June 23, 2018, 05:23:57 PM
Thanks Dean. Unfortunately I had to reset my Windows installation and now TC won't install. I'll return to this once I get it running.  -Sully

* June 24, 2018, 11:16:31 AM
Ok, I got the 32 bit version installed (no luck with 64-bit) and the suggested changes seem to help. Hidden lines and draft mode are much more responsive now. Quality rendering is still slow, but I don't need that for now.

Thanks again.

-Sully