TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

3D CAD MODELS ON WEBSITE
Read 253 times
June 19, 2018, 04:41:13 PM
Hi,

I have a client that wants to embed his product on a website so it can be rotated around and zoomed in - in a rendered state..

Does anyone know what is the best format to save the 3D drawings in e.g .DWG or something else so they can be embedded in the website by the web designer.

Thanks
Brett

FerrariDrafting (Find me on Facebook)
Australia
V16 deluxe
v17 plat
v19 plat
V20 Plat
V21 Plat
TC2016 plat

* June 19, 2018, 06:22:25 PM
I would think you would best talking to the web designer, because it really depends on how the model/images are used.

For example, you could upload a 3d model to something like Sketchfab and link to it possibly in an iframe so it shows on the webpage, though I think SketchFab has a viewer that can be used (I've never tried it).  Other scripts / apps (like javascript) use a combination of jpg images, I'm guessing like the reverse of a 360 degree panorama. so it depends on how the web designer wishes to build the website and what scripts or apps would be used.

June 19, 2018, 07:16:25 PM
Thanks Andy H, I suppose what I'm getting at would be if I just drew the items in TC format as 3D, there would be a saveable option from there to upload into a web page.

thanks
Brett

FerrariDrafting (Find me on Facebook)
Australia
V16 deluxe
v17 plat
v19 plat
V20 Plat
V21 Plat
TC2016 plat