TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

GWR 5'2" WHEEL IN 3D
Read 331 times
* May 26, 2018, 11:58:26 PM
Hello I am new to this forum and trying to draw a GWR wheel as per the attached pdf (94814).  I have drawn up the hub and the rim ok and lofted the spokes.  The area that is causing me some confusion is where the spokes fillet into the Rim and the Hub.  At the hub the spoke has a 5" rad top and bottom but 3/4" at the sides.  At the Rim the spoke has a 4 1/2" rad top and bottom but 1" at the sides.

My question is how to do this variable radius.

I have contacted Don Cheke and attached his reply as a pdf

Thank you

Julian Reynolds
Christchurch
New Zealand

Turbocad Pro 2016
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:03:22 AM by Julian Reynolds »

* May 29, 2018, 07:58:20 AM
Hello I am new to this forum and trying to draw a GWR wheel as per the attached pdf (94814).  I have drawn up the hub and the rim ok and lofted the spokes.  The area that is causing me some confusion is where the spokes fillet into the Rim and the Hub.  At the hub the spoke has a 5" rad top and bottom but 3/4" at the sides.  At the Rim the spoke has a 4 1/2" rad top and bottom but 1" at the sides.

My question is how to do this variable radius.

I have contacted Don Cheke and attached his reply as a pdf

Thank you

Julian Reynolds
Christchurch
New Zealand

Turbocad Pro 2016

Hi Julian,
Turbo 2016 professional has >
3D modify > fillet edges and in the local menu there is >
> Variable radius blend
> Holdline blend.

If these don't help then use lofting with guide lines.
Use 3D Splines as the guides and sometimes as the profiles used in the loft.
Placement of the guides is important. ;D

There are also Smesh tools, these are also good for organic shapes.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:14:20 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* May 29, 2018, 10:53:12 PM
Hi Dean
Thank you for your reply. I will give each of those options a try and see what results

Best regards
Julian

* June 10, 2018, 12:29:41 AM
Hello
I have tried to "Loft" the two forest green ellipses together using the red guidelines but keeping getting the attached error message.  Any hints as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated

Thanks
Julian

Turbocad Pro 2016

* June 10, 2018, 09:54:15 AM
Hello
I have tried to "Loft" the two forest green ellipses together using the red guidelines but keeping getting the attached error message.  Any hints as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated

Thanks
Julian

Turbocad Pro 2016

I used four elliptical profiles and lofted the object in two separate pieces. No guidelines.

Henry H

* June 10, 2018, 11:53:45 AM
Hi Henry
Thanks for your reply I hadn’t thought of that as an option. Looks like you have got the shape that I am after which is great

Kind regards
Julian