TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

How to import new doors, windows, and walls into an existing drawing
Read 214 times
* May 26, 2018, 08:20:50 AM
HI,  I am getting myself in muddle with Wall, Door and Window styles.

I predominately use TC for mech design, but am having to catch up on architetural drawing.

I wish to save a small selection of door and window templates.  I cannot understand how I can reate a *.tct file for a specific door or window and then import it into my drawing.  Or have I got this wrong and have to create a new *tct file that contiains all the various doors and windows that I require? 

The help file simply says to save the revised door as a *.tct but presumably that saves the whole drawing, wheras all I want to do is to save just that particular style of door and import it into an existing drawing.  The issue is how can I prepare a series of doors and windows and then import them as I require?

I probably have got this wrong and I have, in effect, to preload the drawing with appropriate doors, windows and wall styles before I start. I realise I can always add a new style and then save the whole as a *.tct.  I was hoping for a more flexible way of working.

Kind regards and thanks in advance
Martin

MS Win10 Pro, i7-3770K processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX, 500GB SSD, 2T HD, 16GB RAM (32GB Virtual). Gigabyte Mobo.  TC since 3.5" floppy days.  Now 2018 Platinum although still use Ver 11 for beam tool (not compatible with Ver18, or version 21).   Cannot get TurboCadCam ver 3.0 to work on Win 10 machin

* May 26, 2018, 11:47:35 PM
I use both methods.

I have my basic set in the template  file I have created with my preferred settings. But I use a lot of windows and doors. Often creating new ones as needed. To save myself time in the future I have created a library folder . I drag new doors and windows into this folder for future use.
If the door is in a library folder it will be in a group when you drag it into a new drawing, explode it once.
Use the paint brush tool (format painter) select the door or window then right click with your mouse and click on "make property value preset"  give it a name.
Or you - if you are only using it once in the drawing you can drag it onto the wall and hold down the ctrl key when you position it - this will make a copy and link it to the wall.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* May 27, 2018, 01:13:22 PM
Many thanks for your reply nikkipollard,
I need to get to grip with libraries etc.  I have used TC for many years as a mechanical design tool and have not needed to use libraries in anger, so a big hole in my knowledge.
Not sure about the use of the paint brush tool, need to experiment tonight.
Martin

MS Win10 Pro, i7-3770K processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX, 500GB SSD, 2T HD, 16GB RAM (32GB Virtual). Gigabyte Mobo.  TC since 3.5" floppy days.  Now 2018 Platinum although still use Ver 11 for beam tool (not compatible with Ver18, or version 21).   Cannot get TurboCadCam ver 3.0 to work on Win 10 machin