TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Dimension with Letter for value for dimension
Read 267 times
* May 26, 2018, 06:59:20 AM
I am trying to set up an example to use for a formula I am creating for a shape- I would like one of the dimensions to have an X for the value for the dimension another to have a Y etc.  Depending on what you input for these values a formula on an excel spreadsheet would calculate other dimension on the image I have created.

How can I create a dimension with a text value where the dimension value would be created?

Another option would be to create a dimension leader which I can place to look like a dimension?

I am basically trying to create an image in TurboCAD which I can paste in Excel to show the user what the input values represent.  I have attached an image to illustrate this.  What i am trying to do is have the 1/2" value replaced with an X the 1/4" value replaced with a 1/2X and he 3/4" replaced with a Y for thickness.

Any thoughts on how I might do this?   

* May 26, 2018, 08:55:02 AM
When inserting the dimension, press the TAB key to access the "Text" field in the Inspector Bar, then type the desired text and press Enter.

Alternatively, insert the dimension in the usual way, then double-click on it to open its Properties dialog. Go to the General page and overwrite what's there with the text you want.

Henry H

* May 26, 2018, 10:46:05 AM
Thank you Henry - what you recommended did the trick!