TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Select view in paper mode TC Pro 20 crashes
Read 115 times
May 21, 2018, 11:14:18 AM
Hi, suddenly every time I select a view in paper mode, TurboCAD crashes and closes so I can't print. Any suggestions? I'm going to try deleting all my paper tabs and redo and see if that helps. Fingers crossed.

Thank you,

Deborah

TurboCAD Pro 20
Windows 10
Surface Book

Deborah Danniels-French

May 21, 2018, 12:31:30 PM
Hi again, So I tried deleting paper views and that didn't work. Then I opened some other client jobs - one from a while back, and another current one. They were both fine so that told me it was something that had happened to only that clients drawings. I then opened up the saved crash file and opened a new drawing file from template. In the crash file, going only into model space, I copied each version I had drawn of this condo/kitchen - one by one and copied them into a new drawing. Each time I would check to make sure the program was not going to crash and so far it's fine. But I still wonder what I could have done to make it start crashing.

Anyone ever have this problem? Would be good to understand it.

Thanks,
Deborah

Deborah Danniels-French

May 25, 2018, 03:09:52 PM
Anyone ever have this problem? Would be good to understand it.

Yes, several of us have had this problem over the years.  The recommended solution is to do what you did (copy and paste the Model space to a new drawing).

I, for one, do not understand it.  If anyone did, I expect it would be fixed by now.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1