TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Copy in Place
Read 406 times
* May 18, 2018, 07:20:39 AM
I  have a part that is two separate solids. One is a shelled rectangle with .18 rad. on corners .094 rad on top and one .52 rad on top and shelled .060 thick wall. I had to do a copy in place to be able to subtract it from another solid which is all contours and shaped so I could add the two together without the 2nd solid going into the shelled rectangle. When I did this it copied the rectangle in place (copy in place)   all the radii disappeared and I had to add them back to the copied rectangle. Does copy in place remove the radius features that were added?

* May 18, 2018, 11:27:34 AM
I suspect you had the Part Tree enabled (Options>ACIS>Create Editing History). It's ON by default, and it can sometimes lead to unexpected results when copying objects.

Henry H

* May 19, 2018, 06:36:22 AM
Thanks I'll try it to see if that works

* May 19, 2018, 09:10:27 AM
Thanks I'll try it to see if that works

Turning the Part Tree OFF might not help with an object that was created with it ON.

Henry H

* May 21, 2018, 07:58:37 AM
Henry;
 I did OPTIONS--ACIS --Unchecked create editing history (part tree) and that did not work? It still created a part copy with no radii?

* May 21, 2018, 09:11:00 AM
Henry;
 I did OPTIONS--ACIS --Unchecked create editing history (part tree) and that did not work? It still created a part copy with no radii?

Even though you'd turned Part Tree off, objects created with it ON still carry the PT information and still cause various kinds of problems. To strip an object of this burden, simply explode it one time. (Note that if the Selection Info palette identifies a selected object as a "Part," it's carrying PT information.)

Henry H

* May 24, 2018, 07:05:27 AM
ok I will try it thank you again Henry