TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

saving window and door styles or profiles
Read 282 times
* May 18, 2018, 05:41:53 AM
I have created some door and window styles in one drawing but I can't figure out how to put them somewhere so I can use them in other drawings...

-John
using TC Pro Platinum 2017

* May 18, 2018, 06:20:02 AM
I put them in to my Template
Open the Template and the drawing you have your new styles in, Tile screen and just drag/ copy them over to your Template, save the Template, delete door/ windows you just drag over, the styles will still be inside the Template, save again and they will now be availible in a new drawing based on that Template.
Remember that both drawings need to be in wireframe when you do so.

If you have many Profiles, some put them in to the Library, then they will always be there, and you can drag them out again for later use when making profiles if you not already have it in the actual drawing.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* May 29, 2018, 03:27:18 PM
I put them in to my Template
Open the Template and the drawing you have your new styles in, Tile screen and just drag/ copy them over to your Template, save the Template, delete door/ windows you just drag over, the styles will still be inside the Template, save again and they will now be availible in a new drawing based on that Template.
Remember that both drawings need to be in wireframe when you do so.

If you have many Profiles, some put them in to the Library, then they will always be there, and you can drag them out again for later use when making profiles if you not already have it in the actual drawing.

Torfinn

Thanks, that helps me understand the templates too!

-John
using TC Pro Platinum 2017