TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Suggestions for TC2019?
Read 3429 times
May 17, 2018, 12:20:27 AM
Dear All Please share the suggestions for TC2019 here.

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Manager QA\Support
IMSI Design
Email: [email protected]

May 17, 2018, 02:14:54 AM
Rendering.
On the rendering side it would be great to have more live controls in RedSDK like have a live curve graphic. Even Lightworks, which is now the default render engine again, can have this but it has never been implemented.

Blocks and Library Symbols.
If we drag in a Symbol and it has blocks that already exist in the working drawing we should be able as users to either replace or use the existing one. Maybe three options would be nice. Replace, Inherit existing, Make unique... Game changer for me for my Kitchen and Bedroom designing!

Warning Dialogs.
I would be nice to have these so they collate in just one Dialog rather than it keep holding up the loading of a drawing or when we hit render and we either keep clicking or click do not show again. Just been notified of the solution from Vlad... The Event Viewer does this!... There should be something on the Warning Dialog help page to link and mention it though - http://doc.imsidesign.com/articles/#!turbocad-2018-user-guide-publication/event-viewer-1/q/event%20viewer/qid/1293/qp/1

To Be continued....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:57:18 AM by Darrel Durose »

Daz...
V2017 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

* May 17, 2018, 02:41:04 AM

Is this thread, in addition to the Wish List , or instead of the wish List.  i.e. do we copy wishes and paste them here.

May 17, 2018, 05:06:34 AM

Is this thread, in addition to the Wish List , or instead of the wish List.  i.e. do we copy wishes and paste them here.

Yes you can paste wish list here

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Manager QA\Support
IMSI Design
Email: [email protected]

* May 17, 2018, 05:24:27 AM
The ability to extract data from PPMs via database reports - something like block attributes for PPMs.

The ability to link 2 different PPMs with parameters of the same name to each other - similar to normal window/ door styles.
For instance, If there are 3 custom windows, change the frame type of one window and all other windows linked to that window with the same frame parameter would change even though they are different parametric symbols.

3d parametric points in PPMs.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* May 17, 2018, 05:58:23 AM
Changes to UNDO buffer, "What I would like is the ability to select what to include in the undo buffer - i.e. do-not include layer switching in the undo buffer." wish list post

* May 17, 2018, 10:55:34 AM
PPM v2 ;);)

GetPoint(s), from drawing that PPM can use to calculate from when making a symbol, aka a rectangle have 4 corner, get x and y values from this 4 corners and use them inside the ppm automaticly.

Like Nikki, possebilty to change multiple ppm's in one selection/ time

A sort of Menu/ Submenu system inside the ppm, like if i make a ppm house that have several choise for roof system in example, i dont want to see all the parameter values from the roofs systems i dont want to have, i dont need them and only make the user of the ppm confused for what part they should put value in to.

Possebility for use/ extract the P pace name in to a Titlefield for that P space in example, and like John R mention just a couple of days ago, possebility to make comment in Design Director/ Space and maybe also extract that info in to the P Space itself.
Possebility to get/ print the full file path on the drawing in P space like we can in Excel and Words in example (Top/ Bottom txt)

Possebility to change the x and y center value for muntins, as not all muntins are stand/ or calculated from the center of glass.
It's very boring and timeconsuming to use Blocks for this kind of muntins like we have to do now.

Possebility to move sash in a Window if we use" Auto adjust to the wall", in real life they are never standing in the center, at least not in my part of the world ;)
Maybe a tickbox for moving them to stand flush with the frame's outer side or a value +/-

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* May 17, 2018, 11:56:43 AM
Fixing the Editing Clock so it stops when the file is not in use and the ability to delete the time when opening a template to create a new drawing, I'm a one person company and this feature would be a great asset.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* May 17, 2018, 01:53:47 PM
In Designer, I would like to see…
  • Isoplane Grid tools
    I'm clueless as to why these 2D tools are not in the 2D program, but they put them in all the 3D programs.
    Why is there nothing about these tools in the Help? See this Help file: Draw 2D Isometric Views.
  • Design Director palette
  • TurboCAD Explorer palette
In Help…
  • An Appendix in Help that shows the complete Commands list & categories (with links to the articles in Help), their hotkey (if any), their "Description" and all the Editions they are found in. Maybe something like the picture below or in this CHM file in Dropbox; TurboCADV25Commands.chm.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:29:47 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* May 21, 2018, 03:05:28 PM
(1) Using the "selector mode" option for the edit tool, the D SEKE ought to work with the edit tool/node edit as it does with select|edit.   Current behaviour for the edit tool using selector mode is that editing the reference point can only be invoked from "edit reference point" in the context menu, while expecting it to behave like select|edit and hitting the D has unintended consequences.  A related improvement would be to have a node delta move by vector, working like transform|move, where you select the nodes, invoke the delta move, and can then snap "from" and "to" features.   It can be done with selector mode, but that requires editing the reference point....see above!   

(2)  Using edit tool with compound profiles, provide an option analogous to deform face's "linked neighbouring faces".  When that option's checked and a segment is picked for node editing, neighbouring segments or the complete profile should be activated/picked too, behaving as a polyline, so that coincident end nodes are manipulated together, instead of being separated and breaking the profile     My most recent version is 2016.  I thought that I'd read in the release notes of a recent version that join polyline no longer exploded curves, and it is possible to join beziers, but I often use compound profiles with 3D splines that aren't suitable for joining or chaining.  This option would enable more convenient handling in those use cases. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:53:57 PM by murray dickinson »

* May 26, 2018, 01:49:22 AM
1. Anything that helps productivity
2. Type ahead in dialog boxes
3. Change the behaviour of Spaces for print reports, where the list shows the Named view rather than just a standard "ViewPort1" etc.
4. Render speed with improved use of GPU
5. IMSI / TurboCAD recommended graphics card. If not why not?
6. Audit checking for files so they can be tested outside of a running TurboCAD program ( allow checking for errors / problems before crashes )
7. Tabbing inside created tables and dialog boxes
8. Splash screen so we know its starting up!!!!!!!!!!!
9. Repair option inside TurboCAD, maybe in the About help are.
10. Simplifying some tools awkward procedures to achieve a result  ( ask Henry )
11. Capturing and error checking with at least some feedback for the user.
12. Smaller app productivity tools that run independent from the main app.
13. Capturing an error before it causes a crash.
14. A proper tutorial written by the KEY render engine programmer/company for all to benefit??
15. More videos and howto's for the new guy, and a list of all videos published on youtube and posted to the general discussion as a dedicated list. Not the video just what they do as a 1st reference
 :o

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* May 26, 2018, 02:15:37 AM
Option for Treshold on doors and set material option for treshold
Possebility to set where muntins are calculated from, as we dont always want them calculated from center
In general, that you guy's take a look at Archicad's door and window options, maybe as a plugin ;);)

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* May 26, 2018, 02:16:27 AM
with item 6:
A integrity check of TurboCAD file(s) / drawings to verify no problems are lurking within.

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

May 26, 2018, 03:02:04 PM
An optional setting when creating 3D Boxes where the first click is the Center of Extents and the second click is on one of its facets.  The result, of course, would be a Cube for the default operation.

I would suggest that this be implemented as follows: The second click can be placed on the Workplane (Grid Snap or whatever works), which would result in the Cube's facets being parallel or orthogonal to the Workplane, or the second click could be snapped to some object in 3D space such that the resulting facets would neither be parallel nor orthogonal to the Workplane.

Perhaps a subordinate option would allow the Box to only extend from the first click point to the second, with the length of the side panels being determined with a third click (or, of course, via the Inspector Bar) specifying the length of the sides.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* May 27, 2018, 06:29:06 PM
Would it be possible to expand the reference file capability of TurboCad so that selecting an object from and open reference file would make it the active file, i.e. allow editing on that file?

In effect, the distinction between the active file and the reference files would go away; whichever file you select an object in would be the "active" file and the others would automatically be treated as "reference" files.

This would let you build assemblies in TurboCad using "part" and "assembly" files (actually not different file types at all, only the content would be different) with the ability to edit  the various parts from within the one "assembly" file.  For  mechanical design applications, this would make keeping drawings up to date much easier.

BricsCad was able to do this within the .dwg file structure; would it possible to do this within the framework of the .tcw file structure?

If so, how difficult would it be?

I realize this is big request, but I think it would be a major advance for TurboCad, rather than a niche feature.

Thanks,

JoeM

* May 28, 2018, 07:41:35 PM
BricsCAD, and the .dwg format, aren't history-based, BricsCAD has a pretty good 2D/3D constraints solver that they bought with the Russian LEDAS company, but that works internally in BricsCAD as a direct edit capability.  None of that capacity is recognised or carried by .dwg, and AFAIK, the only associations .dwg carries are associative dimensions.    BricsCAD doesn't have an assembly and part file facility like SW, and in fact, TC's capacity to save a selection set of part with tree as a separate file is much more powerful than BricsCAD's capacity to save blocks as separate files, which is like exporting neutral dumb solids.   BricsCAD really doesn't have the capability that you're asking for, which sounds like having x-refs and master file open at the same time, with active auto-refresh of x-ref links and interactive minimise/restore between them.  In TC, with files with part trees of any size, that would be really hungry for RAM to have any sort of fluidity.   

* May 28, 2018, 09:44:41 PM
Oh I thought Joe was asking for the ability to cross over xrefs. ie in drawing A have an Xref of B and in drawing B have an xref of A.
You can do that in autocad as long as you use overlays. This doesn't work in TC you cant save the drawing.
This video explains why and how it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGqeKS39Ms it is acad tho

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:57:19 PM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* May 28, 2018, 11:02:58 PM
The ability to delete repeated lines.
When you use a 3d model to generate 2d - sections elevations etc. There are always a lot of repeated lines. I would like to be able to remove all the repeated lines with a single command.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* May 30, 2018, 06:16:16 AM
Suggestion:

A Thumbnails or Thumbnailviewer in/for Windows-Explorer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very low knowledge of English - I ask for indulgence - Thanks
TurboCAD 2016 ProPlatinum 64-bit V23.2-61.2 engl.

* May 30, 2018, 01:46:01 PM
BricsCAD, and the .dwg format, aren't history-based, BricsCAD has a pretty good 2D/3D constraints solver that they bought with the Russian LEDAS company, but that works internally in BricsCAD as a direct edit capability.  None of that capacity is recognised or carried by .dwg, and AFAIK, the only associations .dwg carries are associative dimensions.    BricsCAD doesn't have an assembly and part file facility like SW, and in fact, TC's capacity to save a selection set of part with tree as a separate file is much more powerful than BricsCAD's capacity to save blocks as separate files, which is like exporting neutral dumb solids.   BricsCAD really doesn't have the capability that you're asking for, which sounds like having x-refs and master file open at the same time, with active auto-refresh of x-ref links and interactive minimise/restore between them.  In TC, with files with part trees of any size, that would be really hungry for RAM to have any sort of fluidity.   

How recently have you experimented with BricsCad?  I downloaded the trial and it definitely was able to edit multiplle "reference" files from within a "master" file, i.e. exactly what you are saying it can't do.  It was like having assembly files and part files, but more flexible.  You could edit any referenced part within an assembly from the file that included the reference, but you could also have an entire assembly within one file (organized by layer, for instance).  This has nothing to do with historical or parametric data, only with the ability to edit reference files from within a master file.

For me, it would greatly simplify keeping drawings up to date.  Now there a many copies of parts in assemblies that serve different functions.  I would much rather have a single part file that, when updated, would show up correctly in all the assemblies.  But you need to be able to make the design change "in place" in the assembly drawing  and the way reference files currently work, you can only make changes on the isolated part file.

* May 30, 2018, 03:09:05 PM
Suggestion:

This has been available for the last 15+ years. Look in the Windows Start menu for the "Thumbnails Setup".

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

May 31, 2018, 01:50:57 AM
3D Scanning is becoming more and more common.  Dealing with less-than-pristine scans inside TurboCAD is, currently, difficult.

I would like to be able to sweep-select all of the facets whose Normals project in the general direction of the current view, with a user-selectable threshold.

The purpose of this would be to make it easier to smooth poor scans that have been imported (say, in STL format).  Once the necessary facets have been selected, the desired Normal could be specified (in practice, this would re-position each Node to be on a temporary Workplane that could be determined automatically or specified by the user).  Also, it would be nice to rotate the entire object so that the average of the selected Normals is aligned on a specified axis.

This would also require the ability to adjust the View to either be aligned with the average of the selected Normals or via the Inspector Bar or by a selected Facet.

Jeff

System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* June 01, 2018, 06:23:56 AM
Suggestion:

This has been available for the last 15+ years. Look in the Windows Start menu for the "Thumbnails Setup".

Sure? At February 04, 2011, 04:06:00 PM you have wrote: " I don't get anything in Windows Explorer (Vista) but a TC Icon."
Look here: http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,5433.msg30920.html#msg30920

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* June 01, 2018, 08:43:18 AM
Suggestion:

Sure? At February 04, 2011, 04:06:00 PM you have wrote: " I don't get anything in Windows Explorer (Vista) but a TC Icon."
Look here: http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,5433.msg30920.html#msg30920

Things have improved over the years. This is what I see in Vista today, though I stopped at 2017 because TurboCAD no longer supports the older operating systems (Vista or earlier). For TurboCAD 2018 and into the future, I use Windows 10.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* June 06, 2018, 06:09:44 AM
The ability to update a report is great - thankyou.
I would like it to improved a bit. Often when you have a table in a drawing you need to edit the nodes of the table to improve on the layout. I would like the data in the table to be regenerated without changing the nodes back to the original position.

The opening modifier for Windows (created from blocks or ppms) seems to be in the wrong position when saving as an IFC file.
I would like groups, blocks, and ppms to be saved as one IFC element when saving to the  IFC format - the same way that a TC window or a TC rail saves as one element even though there is more then one component. At the moment the data from property sets assigned to blocks or groups isn't copied to the IFC file because they are separated into lots of elements.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

June 06, 2018, 06:50:43 AM
I want to know if it's possible to get a tool for weaning line.
Thank you.

Architect living in Mali ( West Africa)
Turbocad from TC3 to TC pro Plat 2017 user
www.quarc-design.com

* June 06, 2018, 08:15:57 AM
I want to know if it's possible to get a tool for weaning line.
Thank you.

Could you describe what you mean by "weaning line". I'm not sure what you're looking to do.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

June 06, 2018, 09:32:45 AM
I mean to twist lines like a piece of cloth.

www.quarc-design.com

* June 07, 2018, 02:33:53 AM
Are you looking for a line type that looks like rope? Or do you need a surface that looks like it has been twisted?

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

June 07, 2018, 05:25:40 AM
Yes i need surface with twisted lines like cloth.

www.quarc-design.com

June 08, 2018, 01:12:24 AM
Yes i need surface with twisted lines like cloth.

Unless you intend to 3D print something that appears to be cloth, the time it takes to generate the structure would be prohibitive (in my mind).

Better to apply a cloth image Material for rendering.

Jeff

* June 08, 2018, 04:28:49 AM
I was going to suggest some sort of lofting. I presume it is for an architectural application.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

June 08, 2018, 08:32:24 AM
It's for architectural application( wire- netting) and something like it.

www.quarc-design.com

* June 08, 2018, 09:36:54 AM
You can use "Curve from Law" to create a sine wave with many cycles, then Explode it and arrange copies as needed.

Henry H

* June 08, 2018, 09:27:41 PM
In some circumstances, TC inconveniently drops selection focus.  These circumstances include copying or node editing when you want to undo then redo the edit, with a different transformation value.  It's especially inconvenient when you're working with multiple selections in a crowded drawing or with a subset of nodes on a spline or polyline, they then have to be reselected to redo the edit.   It would be helpful if the original selection status could be restored when a single action is undone, perhaps with an option key.

* June 13, 2018, 08:21:59 AM
When an object is selected in 3D mode, its X, Y, and Z axes are displayed and labeled. Please make those labels larger, as they're almost impossible to see.

Henry H

* June 13, 2018, 10:49:05 AM
When an object is selected in 3D mode, its X, Y, and Z axes are displayed and labeled. Please make those labels larger, as they're almost impossible to see.

Henry H

I also don't like that the size of the "nodes" were reduced in 2018. From what I can tell, the nodes went from 10 pixels down to 4 pixels. Trying to find a rotation handle when mixed in with many fat highlighted lines and blue nodes makes it difficult to edit.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

June 16, 2018, 07:39:03 AM
My suggestion/wish is ... Real Improving opening/saving the Files!

Example:

I have a lot of files with size from 100MB (one room with accessories) to 900MB (full furnished house) last times. I usually making visualizations! The input file is 3ds/obj file often. And for comparison I used Blender. Yes I know is not a CAD application. And we are talking about full size files, non compressed.

(Info about the 3ds file: 2,5 millions Faces, 826 objects with informations about materials)

1. Opening 3ds file 70MB ->  in TC 2:35 min -> in Blender 0:29 min
2. Saving this file to native format -> Save as TCW 0:27 min (219MB) -> Save as .blend 0:03 (280MB)
3. then close the programs
4. Opening native format -> TC - TCW 0:47 min -> Blender - .blend 0:03 min

Conclusion: TC is worse in this operations by IMPORT - 5 times, Save as - 9 times, Opening - more than 15 times

This is area where I see space where TC can be much better as is now.

And this has a continuing...

One project needs around 10-15 hours clean time work. I have "autosave" set up to 5 min. This means that 5:40 min is only "autosave" / hour x 10 hour = 54 min on project is "autosave" function! It is a bad number because I have to working by the one hour more. And if we will calculating 20-30 projects per year ... then we get a really scary big number - 18 hours / more then 2 works days takes only "AutoSave"! Only this one operation.

WorkPC->HP Z620 2x E5-2680v2 2,8GHz, 64GB RAM,Quadro K4000, 400GB SSD+2TB HDD, Win10 Pro 64bit
HomePC->i7-3770 CPU 3,40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 760, 120+60GB SSD, Win7 HP 64bit

TC Pro Plat x64
www.invent-dizajn.sk, www.facebook.com/marian.jurcak

* June 23, 2018, 12:53:31 AM
Some of the functionality in the conceptual selector could be added to. I suggest that grabbing the scale grips should make the appropriate data box active, so that entering the numerical ratio factor goes to that box, press enter and done.   Grab the larger uniform scale grip and it activates "keep aspect ratio", grab any of the transform or rotate arrowheads or rotation handles and then type numerals, they're entered into the appropriate data box indicated by the handles, press enter to confirm.  RedSDK is now optional, the conceptual selector functions need to be migrated to GDI/LW selector bars too. 

June 26, 2018, 01:11:14 PM
My suggestion/wish is ... Real Improving opening/saving the Files!

Example:

I have a lot of files with size from 100MB (one room with accessories) to 900MB (full furnished house) last times. I usually making visualizations! The input file is 3ds/obj file often. And for comparison I used Blender. Yes I know is not a CAD application. And we are talking about full size files, non compressed.

I agree wholeheartedly.  TurboCAD does not load files using multi-core (let alone multi-thread).  I expect that part of the problem is that the files are being loaded from disk as encountered.  It would be better to copy the entire file into RAM and extract from there.

Jeff

* July 12, 2018, 09:09:51 PM
Hi,

in Constraints: Colinear

align two (or more) lines colinear.

* July 12, 2018, 09:37:28 PM
If you make the lines parallel and set a coincident (not point coincident) with the endpoint of the one line and the middle of the other line
 they should be colinear.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* July 13, 2018, 05:14:44 AM
Hi nikkipollard,

thanks for answer.

:D  But I'm not paid for clicks, but construct for that. Please try it yourself.   :D

* July 13, 2018, 11:50:55 PM
I am not really sure what you mean by that.
But obviously I wouldn't have answered if I didn't know that it worked.
see attached file

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* July 14, 2018, 12:33:09 AM
Hi nikkipollard,

thanks for answer.

What I mean is that in your approach I first have to do the lines in parallel and then align again. So I always have to execute two commands. This is very expensive.

* July 19, 2018, 02:37:35 AM
Hi,
Sometimes I need to give the STEPs of my drawings, but I don't want to give a complex model (the details Inside the model have no interest and make the file too big). My solution is to redraw the external enveloppe of the model, but I must do that each times the model changes.

So I would like a tool that makes only the external "skin" of the model (model is made from many parts). Or maybe "fill solid from Inside to external surface".

* July 19, 2018, 06:05:46 AM
Boolean addition does it, so does facet editor.

July 19, 2018, 09:08:57 AM
Hi Zunair,

I would like to see the path, for opening a file, to be tied to any open/ed drawing, which has focus in the TurboCAD Workspace window.
    This could usefully be made an option under Program Setup?

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:27:04 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* July 20, 2018, 12:13:13 AM
Thanks Murray, but I'm not sure that it works in my case :
v1 : internal view of the model : made with groups, imported STEPS … complex
v2 : what I want to get : just the external surfaces of the box plus usb socket plus the external surfaces of the part which is cutted, on the top of view v1.
If I remember well, solidworks does that.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:15:48 AM by denis1024 »

* July 20, 2018, 02:03:42 AM
Here are some really basic things-
Improve the snappiness of snaps, especially on 3D objects, and with dimensions. There seems to be a hierarchy where lines will snap to most things, followed by other drawing objects, followed by dimensions. Also, stop letting things snap to dimensions.
Enable calculations in the boxes on the bottom of the drawing. Many is the time that I have to get out the calculator out to do a simple sum. Alphacam has been doing this for at least ten years.
When working in 3D, show which view is selected.
Stop the default door being the one least likely to be wanted- a double door? Really?
Make rendering easier. It's very hard, and things like lights are very difficult to use and don't bear much relation to reality- a 5watt lamp can completely bleach a rendering.
More snaps- if two or more snap points are at the same place, why does TC ask which to snap to? Wastes a lot of time.
When filleting a box that is surrounded by other boxes, why are you asked which box has the second edge? More pointless time-wasting.
Why is zooming in and out stepped rather than smooth? I often find that I can't get the right size due to this. I have tried with a smooth scrolling mouse, and it's the same.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:52:05 AM by Peter-H »