TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Suggestions for TC2019?
Read 203 times
May 17, 2018, 12:20:27 AM
Dear All Please share the suggestions for TC2019 here.

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Lead\Manager QA&S
IMSI Design
Email: [email protected]

May 17, 2018, 02:14:54 AM
Rendering.
On the rendering side it would be great to have more live controls in RedSDK like have a live curve graphic. Even Lightworks, which is now the default render engine again, can have this but it has never been implemented.

Blocks and Library Symbols.
If we drag in a Symbol and it has blocks that already exist in the working drawing we should be able as users to either replace or use the existing one. Maybe three options would be nice. Replace, Inherit existing, Make unique... Game changer for me for my Kitchen and Bedroom designing!

Warning Dialogs.
I would be nice to have these so they collate in just one Dialog rather than it keep holding up the loading of a drawing or when we hit render and we either keep clicking or click do not show again. Just been notified of the solution from Vlad... The Event Viewer does this!... There should be something on the Warning Dialog help page to link and mention it though - http://doc.imsidesign.com/articles/#!turbocad-2018-user-guide-publication/event-viewer-1/q/event%20viewer/qid/1293/qp/1

To Be continued....
« Last Edit: Today at 10:57:18 AM by Darrel Durose »

Daz...
V2017 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

* May 17, 2018, 02:41:04 AM

Is this thread, in addition to the Wish List , or instead of the wish List.  i.e. do we copy wishes and paste them here.

May 17, 2018, 05:06:34 AM

Is this thread, in addition to the Wish List , or instead of the wish List.  i.e. do we copy wishes and paste them here.

Yes you can paste wish list here

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Lead\Manager QA&S
IMSI Design
Email: [email protected]

* May 17, 2018, 05:24:27 AM
The ability to extract data from PPMs via database reports - something like block attributes for PPMs.

The ability to link 2 different PPMs with parameters of the same name to each other - similar to normal window/ door styles.
For instance, If there are 3 custom windows, change the frame type of one window and all other windows linked to that window with the same frame parameter would change even though they are different parametric symbols.

3d parametric points in PPMs.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* May 17, 2018, 05:58:23 AM
Changes to UNDO buffer, "What I would like is the ability to select what to include in the undo buffer - i.e. do-not include layer switching in the undo buffer." wish list post

* May 17, 2018, 10:55:34 AM
PPM v2 ;);)

GetPoint(s), from drawing that PPM can use to calculate from when making a symbol, aka a rectangle have 4 corner, get x and y values from this 4 corners and use them inside the ppm automaticly.

Like Nikki, possebilty to change multiple ppm's in one selection/ time

A sort of Menu/ Submenu system inside the ppm, like if i make a ppm house that have several choise for roof system in example, i dont want to see all the parameter values from the roofs systems i dont want to have, i dont need them and only make the user of the ppm confused for what part they should put value in to.

Possebility for use/ extract the P pace name in to a Titlefield for that P space in example, and like John R mention just a couple of days ago, possebility to make comment in Design Director/ Space and maybe also extract that info in to the P Space itself.
Possebility to get/ print the full file path on the drawing in P space like we can in Excel and Words in example (Top/ Bottom txt)

Possebility to change the x and y center value for muntins, as not all muntins are stand/ or calculated from the center of glass.
It's very boring and timeconsuming to use Blocks for this kind of muntins like we have to do now.

Possebility to move sash in a Window if we use" Auto adjust to the wall", in real life they are never standing in the center, at least not in my part of the world ;)
Maybe a tickbox for moving them to stand flush with the frame's outer side or a value +/-

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* May 17, 2018, 11:56:43 AM
Fixing the Editing Clock so it stops when the file is not in use and the ability to delete the time when opening a template to create a new drawing, I'm a one person company and this feature would be a great asset.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* May 17, 2018, 01:53:47 PM
In Designer, I would like to see…
  • Isoplane Grid tools
    I'm clueless as to why these 2D tools are not in the 2D program, but they put them in all the 3D programs.
    Why is there nothing about these tools in the Help?
  • Design Director palette
  • TurboCAD Explorer palette
In Help…
  • An Appendix in Help that shows the complete Commands list & categories (with links to the articles in Help), their hotkey (if any), their "Description" and all the Editions they are found in. Maybe something like the picture below.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* Today at 03:05:28 PM
(1) Using the "selector mode" option for the edit tool, the D SEKE ought to work with the edit tool/node edit as it does with select|edit.   Current behaviour for the edit tool using selector mode is that editing the reference point can only be invoked from "edit reference point" in the context menu, while expecting it to behave like select|edit and hitting the D has unintended consequences.     

(2)  Using edit tool with compound profiles, provide an option analogous to deform face's "linked neighbouring faces".  When that option's checked and a segment is picked for node editing, neighbouring segments or the complete profile should be activated/picked too, behaving as a polyline, so that coincident end nodes are manipulated together, instead of being separated and breaking the profile     My most recent version is 2016.  I thought that I'd read in the release notes of a recent version that join polyline no longer exploded curves, and it is possible to join beziers, but I often use compound profiles with 3D splines that aren't suitable for joining or chaining.  This option would enable more convenient handling in those use cases.