TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Orbiting In A Large Drawing
Read 118 times
* November 15, 2018, 05:13:51 PM
I know there is probably a REALLY SIMPLE answer to this question, but I have not been able to find it.  What I would like to be able to do is zoom into a small part deep within a large drawing.  I am designing a deck that is approximately 24' x 14'.  I am inserting the Simpson joist hangers along the ledger board.  When I zoom out and look at the entire drawing, the orbit feature (CTRL + RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON) works well.  However, when I zoom into a small 12" object like the joist hangers, way down in the drawing and try to orbit, the part I want to look at closely, or perhaps change it, goes flying off the screen because the entire drawing is orbiting about some location other than where I am looking.  I know there has to be a way to zoom into a small part deep within a drawing and still be able to orbit around that part.  Thanks in advance for any assistance provided!

* November 15, 2018, 05:22:51 PM
Go to View>Camera>Properties. Frankly, I've never been sure just what the various choices mean, but enabling "Camera centered" and "Auto targeting" lets me "orbit" successfully at any zoom level.

Henry H